13. Kris (Valuable)

I waited for Kris at the same place we officially shared our first kiss, his confession to me, and everything we did here. The swing move back and forth as the wind blew it.
"Y/n," I turn around and saw Kris was a serious expression.
"Kris!" I stood up and hugged him tightly. I wanted to ignore the face he didn't hug me back.
"Let's go get some warm drinks," I grab my scarf and place it around his neck.
"Stay warm oppa," I said. He faintly smile and it was faintly. I kept smiling and walked to the cafe near the park.
"Y/n, we need to talk," he said as soon we sat down on the chair. I nod and notice he wasn't wearing any glove and he seemed really cold.
"Wait," I took off my gloves and put it on for him. I put my hands in my pocket. I smile and waited.
"We need to break up," he said. Those words stab my heart.
"W-what? What's wrong? Did I do something?" I ask. I couldn't believe it.
"Mianhae. Maybe we aren't perfect for each other. I found another girl. I hope you find another guy that's perfect for you," he said. I could see pain in his eyes.
"I... understand. You have your idol life with EXO and I'm... just junk compare to EXO and your fans. Mianhae for wasting your time," I stood up and walked away.

Kris POV

I saw Y/n walking away. I felt terrible, SM said I couldn't date anyone and they said they'll kick me out of EXO if I don't break up with Y/n. Only if Y/n could understand. She's not junk, she's not wasting my time. I loved her, but I must learn to leave her.

Y/N POV

I cried all day and couldn't take my mind off of the words he said.
"You bastard! You stolen my heart, gloves, and my scarf," I yell. Everyday my happiness drain slowly. EXO stop calling or texting me, Kris block it so I couldn't call him anymore.

2 years later
My birthday
I sat down in the cafe. I work here now and everyday, waited for Kris to come back.
"Y/n, are you ok?" My boss ask.
"Oh, ne," I force myself to smile.
"Good, I just got a call that someone wanted to reserve the cafe for an hour. Be prepare," he pat my back and walked away.
"Ne," I mutter and laid on head on the table. No one had knew it was my birthday today.

It was 7:30 PM. My co workers waited for the person to come.
"Aish, why can the boss leave, but we can't," KiHuyn  said. I laid my head on the table.
"We shouldn't complain. He said he'll pay us extra," I said.
"But I want go back home to my wife," he said.
"Aish, I think I see them," I said.
"I'll serve them and you make the food or drinks," KiHuyn said. I nod and stayed behind the counter. The customers walked in and sat at the empty seats. I counted, 12 men. I can't remember, 12 men?
"Sirs, how can I help you?" I heard KiHuyn said. One of the masked men talked and told KiHuyn the drinks and food. KiHuyn nod and walked to me.
"12 hot coffees and 12 bagels," KiHuyn said.
"Araseo, can you help me with the bagels," I ask. I grab 12 cups and pour hot coffees into the cups. KiHuyn had already gave them the bagels.
"Kris, are you ok?" I heard one of the voice. I drop one of hot coffee cup and it broke into millions of pieces.
"Kris?" I said. The tallest man looked at me and slowly took off his mask.
"Y/n?" He stutter to say my name.
"Y/n, are you ok?" KiHuyn ask. He rush over and grab the broken glasses. I was still staring at Kris.
"Ani, go home first. I'll clean this up," I said and bend helped clean up the glasses.
"No, I'll wait. My wife will understand," he smile. I adding the milk or foam and design different arts. KiHuyn finish making the last coffee and he served the coffee to them.
"Thanks KiHuyn," I said.
"Ani. What about tomorrow dinner, let's eat together with my wife?" He said.
"Sure. Go home early, your wife is probably missing you now," I said. He hugged me and walked out of the cafe. EXO talked to each other and they finally took off their masks. I notice Kris stealing some glances at me, but I needed to remind myself that he doesn't love me anymore. I'm junk to him. I walked to the back of the cafe and sat on the steps. I laid on knees and close my eyes. I had this weird feeling. Some how, I felt happy about seeing my ex. I drifted into a sleep without realizing.

"Y/n... Y/n," I heard a faded voice calling me.
"Appa, it's too early," I mutter and toss my body to the other side. Wait! I sat straight up and fell off the bed.
"Stay away from me," I said. I rub my eyes and saw Kris in his sweats. His hair was messy and he had a smile.
"You miss me right?"
"Yah," I said and moved away from him.
"What do you want?" I said.
"Y/n, let me explain why I broke with you two years ago," he said.
"Ani, I don't need your explanation. You always told me found another girl," I pushed myself to the far corner of his room.
"I lied. Just listen," he said. He sat down in front of me and touch my cheek.
"Stop it," I said.
"SM said any artists couldn't date anyone and if they do, they'll get kicked out. After a year, SM policy changed and artists could date anyone. I got really excited and searched for you for a whole year. Fortunately, I meet you again," he said. I saw a tear slip from his eye.
"Wo ai ni," Kris said. Those three words were what I needed to hear in since a long time.
"You're not lieing, I assume," I cover my face and cried.
"Y/n," he said.
"Mianhae, Kris," I said. I felt his arms wrapping around me and pulling me to his chest.
"Mm, Y/n, I'm not. Do you still accept me?" He ask.
"I'm just junk, ready to be thrown away," I mutter. For sure he couldn't understand me.
"Y/n, you're not junk. You're very valuable and its was my fault I threw you away two years ago," he said still hugging me.
" I missed you, Kris," I said. I cried even louder.
"Me too, I missed you," Kris kissed the top of my head.
"Wo ai ni," I mumble.
"What?" He said.
"Wo ai ni," I said even louder.
"Awe, I'm glad to have you back in my arms," he said. I stop crying, I leaned in kiss his lips. I missed his kisses, his embrace.
"You're too valuable y/n. I will never throw you away again," he said.
"You too. I was broken when you broke up with me," I snuggle against his chest. I saw he had my gloves and scarf from two years ago hanging his closet door. Xiumin's bed with next to Kris's bed.
"Happy late birthday," Kris said.
"What?" I said.
"Y/n, I know it was your birthday yesterday," he said.
"How-"
"You're my girlfriend right? I have to remember her birthday," he laugh.
"Thanks Kris," I said.
"Let's go to the park today," Kris said. I smile and nod.