53. Chen *Requested* (Cobbler and Princess)

@Naeladaika12

"Father! I don't want to get married!" I yell.
"Keep her in her room!" My father ordered. The knights escort me into my room. They slam the door and lock it.
"Yah!" I yell. I ran to the window and saw knights riding around town with posters rolled up. I notice that some were hung up already. This all because my father... he wanted me to get married so he could have a son in law to rule the kingdom. I change my outfit into a "commoner" look. I look around to see if anyone was looking and went through my secret tunnel to the other side of the wall. I hid half my face from a cloth and walked around.
"Wow! The princess is getting married? This said anyone is allowed to escort the princess but will have to meet the king's standards. The man will have to surprise the king with wonders... doesn't seem that hard, right Sungyeol?" I tried to ignore everyone... they all wanted to marry the me to just become king. I walked away without noticing a man leading his horse and bump into him. He fell down and his horse immediately bucker its front legs. I was seconds away from being hit by a horse by the kind man pull his horse away.
"Ahh, I'm so sorry ma'am. Are you okay?" He ask. He had such a young and handsome face. I almost forgot everything about my father...He calmed his horse down and looked at me.
"Oh, I'm fine. It's a very nice horse," I said. I still had my face half covered...
"Haha, his name is Bona. He has been helping me around town. What's with all the commotion?" He look at the group of men...
"The king is selling his daughter out," I said.
"Selling? That's a bad thing isn't it? I don't think he's selling her. Maybe just finding a husband for his fair daughter," he guessed.
"No, I doubt it," I mutter. He starred at me until he realized I was looking. He cleared his throat.
"Would you care for a cup of tea? It's been a long time since I'm having a visitor," he said. I was taken back by the sudden question...
"Ok-Kay," I said feeling a little scared.
"Oh, my apologies, my name is Jongdae, but everyone calls me Chen, the cobbler of the town," he said and held his hand out. I shook it and smile a little
"I am... Kangguk," I awkward said my fake name.
"Kang Guk? I've never seen you around before," he cross his eyebrows.
"I moved here. I haven't made any friends yet.." I said.
"Oh, I will be honored to be your first friend," Chen laugh. I nodded.
"Lets go to my house then. Here, you can ride Bona," he said. I nodded and walked up to his horse. He carried me up. He got up behind me, wrap his arms around me, held on to the reign. I could tell, I was already wanting to get to know Chen even more.

We arrived to his... house? It was a straw room with chicken farm and others...
"This is my home," he said. He got off the horse and helped me off. I tried to remember to cover my face.
"Feel free to walk around. I'll put Bona into his stall and make us some tea," he said. I walked into his home and sat down on the wooden stools, if father sees me like this, he would have killed this man for letting me enter his house. I look around ... there was no decorations. The ground was dirt and he had a straw bed. I waited and waited for Chen... he then came out of a room with two cups and a kettle.
"Are you okay? You always have the mask on your face," he said.
"Oh, I'm fine," I quickly replied. He sat down on a wooden stool and pour some tea for the both of us.
"I'm sorry my house is a little... um... poor?" He handed me a cup of tea.
"Oh, no worries. This is my first time being in someone else's house," I said.
"Oh, really? I don't make money a lot but I work hard everyday. I really wish to get out of this life," he looked down to the ground. I widen my eyes. THIS IS MY CHANCE' I wanted to shout and take off my mask and say that I could help him, but i didn't him to think different about me when I reveal my true identity. So... I came up with another plan.
"Do you remember the poster about the princess? Maybe you should try it out," I suggested.
"Marrying the princess? I want to marry someone I love. A cobbler and princess will never be together," he sigh.
"Try it! I know how to help you, I promise you that," I said.
"Really? Do you personally know the king?" He ask.
"No, but I promise you, Chen, I will help you win this," I added.
"Hmm, then I'll try it..."

"Mr. Kim Jongdae!" A knight had called Chen's name. I immediately dress nicely and walked down into the throne room where my father and Chen was. I told Chen everything that would pleased my father.
"ahh, my daughter, come here," he said and I walked up. Chen looked at my stunningly.
"Hello, fair sir," I greeted.
"Hello, Princess. Say, you look like your father very much and your eyes, very much reminds me of him," Chen recited the words I told him. My father laughed and seemed very amused. I bet hat Chen didn't eat anything so I...
"Shall we eat together?" I ask. My father nodded and us three walked to the dining room. I look over to Chen and sat across from him and next to my father. The waiters rushed and bought so many types of food out. Chen widen him eyes and lick his lips. Of course, he waited for my father to start eating and then we ate. (It's respectful to let the elder eat first then the youngsters eat in Korea)
"Chen, why did you want this position?" My father ask.
"You have the most stunning daughter and a wonderful kingdom. I live by myself on an old farm so I wished to get to know Y/n more," he replied... exactly what I told him.
"Wow, what makes you perfect for this position?" My father ask another question.
"Aside from being with your beautiful daughter...." I was already blushing even tho these were my words. My father laughed and smiled. Our conversation continued on until the time with my father was over. I walked with him back to his house which he was surprised that I would go to his house.
"Yes yes, Princess Y/N," he replied.
"Just called me Y/n," I spoke.
"Yes Y/n," Chen replied.
"Chen, do you not know how I am?" I ask. I stopped walking.
"You're the princess of this kingdom," he said awkwardly. I frown and rolled my eyes.
"I'm Kangguk!" I covered half of my face with my hand. Chen widen his eyes and did not blink for a minute.
"Kangguk? You're Kangguk?" He ask. I nodded.
"Kangguk, is a princess? No way. I'm so stupid!" He laughed. I smile and nodded.
"No wonder the king loves me," he said.
"Thank you Y/n. I really owe you," he said.
"Don't worry my fair future King," I smile.
"King?" He ask.
"I'll tell my father that I liked you the best and say that you mention how great my father is and how you wished to learn ruling a kingdom," I took his hand. He suddenly looked sad.
"Why do you like me? I'm a cobbler with a horse? Why do you care for me?" He ask.
"Because... I don't know. Love can't really be described into limited amount of words. All I can say is that, I fell in love with you. I don't care about money, kingdom, if you were wealthy or not," I smile. He squeezed my hand a bit.
"Thank you," he smile and pulled me into a hug.
"Let's go for a horse ride shall we? This is great news that... I won the princess's heart out of all the men in his kingdom. The princess will be my loving queen forever. Shall we go my beautiful queen?" He ask. I laughed and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANNOUNCEMENT! THIS STORY HAS COME TO AN END. EXO IMAGINES ENDS AFTER THIS MESSAGE. THANK YOU FOR READING AND VOTING AND EVEN COMMENTING ON HERE. I HAVE BEEN WORRYING ABOUT COLLEGE AND MAINTAIN MY OWN LIFE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING. I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THOSE WHO REQUESTED... I'M CANCELING ALL REQUESTS. THANKS AND PLEASE SUPPORT MY IDOL LIFE!
~ KANG SUNYOON