1

Michael kicks at the ground as he walks to his bus stop, not looking up from the paved road.

He waits at his stop then checks his phone to see what time it is, it's 7:51. The bus comes at 7:53.

Staring aimlessly seems to be the only thing suitable for waiting at the bus stop, considering that's all Michael's done at the bus stop since school started two weeks ago. He notices the bus pull up and he sighs, really not wanting to take the bus.

Saying Michael hated the school bus was an understatement. He absolutely loathed it. It was full of people he didn't like, and he friends always tried to get him to stop listening to his music. It was really annoying to him.

Today he decided he wasn't going to listen to music as he got on the bus, and wait to see if he actually wanted to talk with his friends. But when he saw Luke making out with his girlfriend Jada, and Ashton, Calum and Chloe fighting, he quickly put in an earphone and sat down in his usual spot.

His spot was in front of Ashton and Calum's, Chloe was in the seat across the aisle from the two. Luke and Jada are in the seat across the aisle from Michael.

"Michael, dude," Ashton calls, standing up and looking over into the seat Michael was slouched in, "stop ignoring us."

"I don't want to talk." Michael groans, rolling his eyes, but stays looking forward so Ashton wouldn't see.

"Why can't you socialize?" Chloe questions, moving to the edge of her seat, her legs in the aisle.

Michael didn't answer, he didn't want to talk. He just put his other earphone in, completely ignoring everything going on around him.

Chloe always means well, and Michael knows that, considering they've been friends almost their entire lives. He just really didn't want to hear it from her today, all he wanted was just a few minutes of peace before school.

Ashton groaned, falling back into his seat and accidentally hitting Calum, starting another fight.

Michael looks over at Luke and Jada, who are still making out and don't have any intentions of slowing down. He thought they wouldn't stop. He also thought they were pretty disgusting.

But when the two did stop and look up to the front of the bus, Michael had to pull his earphones out and see what was going on. He heard mumbling, then Ashton stood leaned over the back of Michael's chair again.

Ashton chuckles before quietly muttering, "New kid."

________

hi I know this is short these chapters are going to be short so hopefully I can update fast :)