23

Chloe walks into Michael's room, with two bottles of vodka in her hands, "Who's ready to get fucked up!"

"Chloe? Hey, C, I think you need to calm down." Michael chuckles.

"No. This is the one really fucking awesome party we get to have during first semester. This is the last high school Halloween party." She says, placing the bottles on his desk.

Michael sighs, "That other bottle better be for Jada and Luke."

"Yeah, it is. Now where the fuck have you hidden your shot glasses?" Chloe mutters as she searches Michael's room.

"Back of that shelf there." He tells her.

She finds the glasses and places them on the desk, opening her bottle.

"Get over here, Clifford." Chloe smiles, holding a glass out to him.

Michael gives her a small smile, taking the shot glass from her.

"Here we go, our last Halloween party at Ashton's." Chloe says before taking the shot.

Before Michael can take his, Chloe reaches over and takes it from his hand, taking that shot too.

"Really, C?" Michael groans, pouring himself a new shot.

She shrugs, "You're too slow."

Michael takes a shot, and sighs, "Tonight's going to be a mess."

"I know! I'm so excited!" She squeals, picking up the two bottles.

"Be careful, please?" Michael begs.

"Michael. I'll be fine. You know that. I'll see you there, okay?" She says, heading for the door.

"Yeah, see you soon." He calls as she rushes out of the house.

Michael takes a deep breath before opening a beer and quickly drinking half of it. He needed to calm down one way or another, right?

He sighs before quickly texting Ashton. Looking down at his beer, he decides to finish the rest, and he places his empty on the desk.

He heads out to Laura's house so they can go to Ashton's together.

Laura was nervous, not only because of Michael, and the party, but her mom and Kevin don't know she's going to a party.

As she walked down the stairs to wait outside for Michael, she hears something she was hoping to avoid.

"Where are you going?" Kevin asks from his place in front of the tv.

"Out. With friends." She mumbles, not looking up at him.

"Yeah, Kevin, she'll be okay. She promised to keep me updated, she'll be with a small group. Don't worry." Her mom replies, smiling at him.

"Thanks, mom." Laura whispers.

When Laura walks out the front door, her mom follows her.

As soon as the door closes Laura frowns, "Mom, I'm sorry, I'm going to a party and I thought I could lie to you but I can't and I'm so sorry-"

"Laura, sweetheart, it's okay. Just don't come home drunk, please. You know how he is." Her mother says.

Laura nods, and she notices somebody out of the corner of her eye.

Michael.

"Shit." She whispers to herself.

As much as she loved her mom, she did not want her meeting Michael.

"I thought you were walking to the party by yourself?" Her mom quietly asks as Michael approached them.

"Uhh..." She mumbles as Michael stops in front of them.

"Hi." Michael smiles.

"Hi." Laura says back.

"I'll leave you two. Have fun, be safe." Laura's mom says, heading back inside.

"Are you, uh, ready to go?" Michael questions.

Laura nods, and the two begin walking to Ashton's.

"So, you exited?" Laura asks.

"Yeah, getting drunk with over half of the senior class? It's awesome." Michael chuckles.

She giggles, "I'm excited too."

They continue walking in silence, neither of them uncomfortable.

As they approach the house, the loud music can be heard from outside the house.

The two stop outside the front door and look at each other, preparing themselves for whatever might happen at this party. Michael just wanted to make sure she'd be okay.

"Alright, here we go."

_____________

thanks for reading, I'll try and update soon