62

"Okay, so the hotel rooms for prom are booked, correct?" Jada asks, sitting next to Chloe.

"Yeah, three of them." Chloe replies.

Laura knew one was for her and Michael. Part of her was excited, and part of her was nervous. She wasn't sure which side was overpowering the other, but she was okay with that.

Though, all their parents thought only two rooms were booked. Michael and Laura's mom's would never let them in a hotel room alone, same with Jada and Luke's parents. So they lied and said they're sharing one.

Laura was okay with it though. She knew the 'stereotypes' about prom. Everybody did. But she was still okay with it. She loves Michael.

There was less than a month until prom, the whole group was talking about it, figuring out what after party they'd go to, what pre-prom party they were going to and everything in between.

"Are we all going to the same after prom party?" Calum asks.

"Yeah, and I'll make sure we're going to the one that Tess isn't going to." Chloe chuckles, Jada giggling along with her.

"Can we stop talking about and referring to how I was shit talking her?" Calum groans, walking over to the mini fridge in the garage.

Michael knew they'd end up at the same party as Tess, since pretty much everybody going to prom was going to the same party. That's why everybody going to prom are booking the same hotel, they were just going to continue the party there.

Laura was smiling as she cuddled closer to Michael, "Are you ready for prom?"

He nods, "Yeah, I'm excited."

"It's three weeks away now, I'm so excited!" Jada exclaims, grabbing everybody's attention.

Laura was excited too, but again nervous.

Michael was excited, but all he could think about was Laura. He was worried about her. She's already told him she was okay, but he still worried.

He kept trying to focus on how amazing she'd look at prom, and how much fun the group would have together.

//

Laura and Michael were at his house, watching Arrested Development, but Michael stands up halfway through their current episode.

"I'm going out for a smoke, if you'd like to keep me company." Michael tells her, pulling out his pack and his lighter.

She nods, "Yeah, of course."

The pair sit down in the chairs in Michael's backyard. They sit in silence as Michael lights his cigarette, taking a drag.

Michael takes a deep breath, "Laur, I- I, uh, just wanted to make sure you were okay with the hotel situation for prom..."

"I've already told you I'm totally okay with it." She says, a small smile on her face.

"Do you ever wish you were able to go to prom at your old school?" Michael asks her, changing the topic, bringing his cigarette to his lips.

"Honestly, I'm kinda glad I got to leave my old school. I could finally leave my 'friends'." She replies.

"Why do you say it like that?" He questions, looking at her with confused look across his face.

"I didn't like them." She simply states, taking Michael's cigarette and putting it out for him.

"Why were you friends with them?"

"I did like them at first, but after a while I was tired of it. They were so rude, they were assholes to everybody. I didn't like being part of that. I'm glad I moved and met you guys." Laura replies, lightly chuckling.

Michael leans over and presses a kiss to her forehead, making her smile.

"I always hated that I was forced to move because of Kevin. But honestly, it was the best thing to happen to me. I left my friends and... him." She says referring to Anthony, "I also got to meet you guys. You're all so wholesome and fun. I have friends that are good people and the best boyfriend I could ever have. I love you."

He quickly pulls her closer and puts his lips to hers. She couldn't help but smile through the kiss, for she was so in love with him.

"I love you." He whispers against her lips, "You deserve the whole world."

"I mean, maybe not the whole world, but..." Laura trails off before giggling and cuddling into Michael's side.

Michael couldn't believe Laura was still with him. He couldn't understand how every single day he felt so happy and so in love with this girl. He never thought he'd end up with somebody like her.

"So, Laura, I wanted to tell you something." Michael says, pressing his lips to the top of her head.

Laura looks up at him with a confused look, "Yeah?"

"I have something planned for you next weekend. I just wanted to let you know ahead of time. We'll be skipping school Friday, by the way." Michael tells her.

"Oh, okay. I'm a little scared, but okay." She giggles, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Don't be scared, don't you trust me? I'm sorry, I can cancel-"

"No, Michael, oh my god. I'm excited for whatever this is." She reassures him, smiling before quickly pecking his lips.

"Are you sure?" He questions, staring at her, searching her face for any indication she's not okay.

Laura chuckles, "Michael! I promise, I'm excited. Stop worrying, I trust you, I love you, okay?"

Michael nods, smiling at his girlfriend, "Okay, I love you too. I can't wait for next weekend."

_________

hey y'all I saw guns n roses the other night I'm still shook I've been in love w them since I was a child I'm crying again

also read my Calum fic please thanks I luv u