13

Michael didn't even go to the cafeteria the past few days, he's been catching up on all the work he hasn't done.

It's Friday though, so he decided to not work through lunch today.

He decided to sit with Laura again, and he was scared of his friends reaction. When he last sat with her, on the bus after school they all made jokes after she got off the bus. He hated it, and put his earphones in quickly.

She was already at her table when he entered the cafeteria, and she smiles at him as soon as he walked in.

"Hi, Michael." She says as he sits across from her.

They haven't talked on the bus, but she did listen to music with him this morning.

"Hey, Laura." He smiles.

He's gotten a little more comfortable with her, he's still scared though. Just not as much as before. She made him feel kind of... happy. But still intimidated.

"So, whatcha listening to now?" She asks.

Before Michael could protest, she was looking at his phone. He was listening to a playlist of the most embarrassing guilty pleasure songs. When she saw Wannabe by Spice Girls playing, she lost it.

Laura really shouldn't have laughed, she actually liked that song too. She wouldn't admit that though, not right now.

"You're listening to the Spice Girls? I truly believed you were a badass. I thought you only listening to what was on your usual playlist. Wow, I was wrong." She laughs, and Michael tries his hardest to not smile.

Even though she was making fun of him, he couldn't help but smile at her laugh. He thought it was one of the prettiest things he's ever heard.

"You know, they're kind of amazing. You can't deny it." Michael says, trying to defend his case.

"I get it." She says, trying to keep a straight face.

"I didn't come and sit with you to be bullied." Michael pouts.

"You're listening to the Spice Girls, Clifford, that's the exact opposite of what I thought you liked." She smirks, she couldn't help herself.

"You know what, I'm turning this playlist off." He says and grabs his phone, pulling it away from her.

"No! I wanted to see more of your embarrassing guilty pleasure songs." Laura whines, trying to not laugh.

"No. Let me eat in peace." Michael mutters.

Laura thought the way he was embarrassed was adorable. Michael liked to act like he had no emotions, he seemed like he's so badass. He really isn't.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Michael asks, lightly laughing to try and seem less nervous.

"You're just- you're..."

A small smile forms on his lips, as he waits for her to continue, but she seems to struggle.

"I'm what?" He asks, deciding to not focus on his lunch, he didn't feel that hungry anymore.

She just shakes her head, "Never mind. It's nothing."

Laura didn't know what to say. She didn't want to say anything that might freak him out or something.

Michael just went back to eating, while thinking about what she could've possibly been thinking.

"Okay, Clifford. I really want to see what's on that playlist." Laura says, breaking the silence between them.

"No, I don't want to be bullied." He pouts.

"I have a playlist like that too, I swear." She replies.

Laura really did have a playlist of embarrassing songs, she never wanted to tell anybody that though.

"Fine. One day we'll go through each other's embarrassing playlists. Okay?" Michael tells her, a small smile on his face.

"So are you saying we'll have to spend time together to listen to our favourite embarrassing songs?" She asks, trying to hold back a smile. That's all she'd want to do.

"Obviously." He smirks, looking up to see Calum.

Laura was actually quite happy with that. Happy was an understatement, because again, that's all she's wanted to do. 

As Michael stands up, so he can go smoke with Calum he smiles down at her, "Think about it."

________

thank u for the votes and the comments and reading thank u