37

The group all decided to skip school the next day, and Michael was hoping when Luke and Jada walk in, everything would be normal again.

Michael and Laura were curled up on couch in Calum's garage, Laura cuddled into his side.

"Your friends are a lot of fun." Laura giggles, looking up at Michael.

"Don't worry, you'll hate them soon." Michael replies, making her laugh.

"Michael, don't make her hate us." Chloe says, sitting next to the two.

"You guys do that for me. I'm not doing anything." Michael replies.

Chloe rolls her eyes, "He's a bully, I'd stay away from him if I were you."

"Hey!" Michael exclaims, tightening his grip on Laura.

It made Laura smile, that Michael cared that much about her.

Ashton shows up, and sits on ground across from them. Chloe and him share a look, after seeing Michael and Laura.

"Where are Jada and Luke?" Chloe asks.

"Oh, I think they've been getting along again. I talked to Luke." Michael tells her.

"So you know what's up? Is he okay?" Chloe asks.

"Don't worry about it. He's perfectly fine." Michael smiles.

"Hey, guys." Luke says, walking in while holding hands with Jada.

"I need a girlfriend." Ashton mutters, but nobody acknowledges him.

"You guys look really happy." Chloe chuckles as Jada and Luke sit down.

"We are very happy." Luke smiles, looking at Jada.

Chloe gives Jada a look, and Jada nods, agreeing with Luke.

"How about you girls tell us about your trip? How was it?" Ashton asks.

"I mean, it was amazing, but the best part was Laura. She was in love with it, it was so cute." Jada says.

"I had never been. I was so happy." Laura smiles, cuddling closer to Michael, suddenly shy.

When Chloe starts to tell a story with Jada, Laura looks up at Michael to whisper, "I'd really like to go with you one day."

"I- I'd really like to go with you too." Michael quietly replies, as she rests her head on his chest.

Michael was really happy, and he knew that before their senior year was over, he has to take her back there.

//

The group had ordered in pizza for lunch, but Luke had left. He refused to miss his math and physics classes.

Michael was up getting something to drink when Jada approached him.

"Hey, Michael. I just wanted to thank you for talking with Luke. It meant a lot to him. It meant a lot to me." Jada quietly says, giving him a small smile.

"Oh, yeah, of course. I'm glad you guys are okay." Michael replies.

Jada just hugs him, and Michael stands there somewhat shocked, before hugging her back.

She pulls away and weakly smiles before going back to sit with the group.

Michael turns to see Laura watching him, and when she knows he noticed her, she looks down.

He goes back to sit with her, and puts his arm around her.

"Hey." She giggles.

Michael just stares at her, smiling.

"Michael, stop being creepy." Ashton says as she walks by, smacking Michael on the back of his head.

Laura laughs before cuddling with him again.

"Quick question." Michael says.

She looks up, "Yeah?"

"Wanna go out with me tonight?" He nervously asks.

She smiles widely at him, "I would love to."

//

Laura was really happy to be out with Michael again, they went to a movie this time.

She was having a hard time focusing on the movie though, she just kept thinking about Michael. Michael was constantly in her thoughts, it seemed like she was constantly thinking about him. 

She enjoyed being with him. Laura wished she could spend more time with him.

Michael couldn't help but smile the whole time. He kept glancing over at her throughout the movie.

When the movie was done, Michael grabbed Laura's hand as they walked out of the theatre.

"I'm glad we went out again." Laura quietly says, as the two head out to the parking lot.

"Me too." He smiles, gently squeezing her hand before letting go so that they could get into the car.

Michael drives off, and Laura grabs the cord to play music, but waits for Michael to hand over his phone so she can play his embarrassing songs.

"I don't know why we always have to listen to this playlist all the time." Michael groans as she plugs in his phone.

"It's great and I want to listen to it." She replies, chuckling as Naturally by Selena Gomez & The Scene comes on.

"I don't know why you judge my music so much." Michael mutters, his eyes focused on the road.

"I don't! My music is very similar." She replies.

Michael smiles, "Good."

They weren't very far from home this time, Michael was pulling into Laura's driveway after a few minutes.

He parked the car, turns to face her and she nervously smiles at him.

She knew what was going to happen, and it made her kind of nervous.

Michael reaches up, and rests a hand on the side of her face, his thumb brushing against her cheek.

Laura's stomach was doing flips, she liked Michael so much and she couldn't believe that he seemed to like her too.

"Michael..."

He inches closer, quietly mumbling, "Yeah?"

She doesn't reply, she just closes the gap, connecting their lips.

__________

okay finals are finally done I had my last exam yesterday I'm back I'm sorry for taking so long to update I love u