31

Michael was on his way to their last period, and he was just glad the day was almost over.

When he walked into sociology, only Luke was there, the girls weren't. Michael knew they weren't late, he was always the last one in class.

He knew Chloe wasn't here. Then he realized Jada left after lunch, she was missing during fourth period. But where was Laura? She was actually in fourth period.

"Luke, do you have any idea where the girls are?" Michael quietly asks.

Luke turns around, "I have no idea."

Michael sighs, pulling out his phone to text Laura.

To: Laura
From: Michael
Laura? Where did you go? You ditched without me :(

When class starts, Michael continues to look over at his phone, waiting for a response from Laura.

To: Michael
From: Laura
Um, I'm about an hour away, with Chloe and Jada. only three more hours until we arrive at our destination!!! I guess we're going to New York City

"Luke. The girls are going to New York City."

//

Laura couldn't help but laugh along with the two girls she was with.

They now had an hour left of their drive, and it was Laura's turn to pick the music.

Jada just played a lot Drake when she controlled the music. Chloe finally stole the cord from her so it would stop. Laura was okay with Chloe taking it, as her and Chloe have similar music. But Chloe was still letting Laura pick the music.

Laura also had to lie to her mom to go on this little adventure, and it was making her really nervous. She told her that she was spending the weekend with Jada and Chloe at their houses.

Jada turns off the music when her phones rings, and she gets Chloe to put it on speaker for her.

"Jada, why are you guys going to New York and why didn't you tell any of us and-"

"Luke, baby, calm down. It was very last minute, everything is okay. Don't worry about us." Jada chuckles.

"Okay... You're sure you guys are alright?"

Jada laughs, "Yes, Luke! I'll see you Sunday night, okay?"

"Yes, okay, fine. I'll see you soon, babe."

"Goodbye, Luke!" Jada calls.

"Bye!" He laughs, ending the call.

"And you think something's wrong. Yeah, whatever." Chloe mumbles.

"Just because we had a normal phone call doesn't mean there's no way he's not hiding something!" Jada exclaims.

"I'm just saying. I don't want you stressing. He's totally normal." Chloe replies.

"Whatever." Jada mumbles.

"Anyways. Laura, have you ever been to NYC?" Chloe asks.

"Um, no, actually. My mom always wanted to take me, it just never worked out." Laura weakly smiles, remembering all the times her mom swore they would come one day. Other things always came up, or it was the wrong time, or they didn't have enough money.

"Really? This is even more exciting!" Jada smiles.

Laura nervously smiles, "Uh, thanks for inviting me on this little trip, guys. I didn't think Michael's friends liked me very much."

"Laura! Of course! We love you, what do you mean? You're our friend." Chloe exclaims, turning at looking at Laura in the backseat.

Laura just smiles at her, glad that these people were really her friends.

___________

hi I'm sorry for taking so long for a bad update. u know. midterms and such.