34

"Michael, honey! Somebody is here for you!" Karen calls to her son who has been up in his room all afternoon.

Michael groans, pushing his laptop away and getting up to go downstairs. He hated when his mom wouldn't tell him who was here, it was almost always one of his friends. 

"Hey, Michael." Chloe mumbles.

"Hey, why didn't you just come up to my room like you always do?" He chuckles.

He knew why, and he felt bad. It's not like he wanted to ignore Chloe. What she said really had him rattled, and he knew she was mad at him for reacting the way he did. And there was no way he wanted to bother her on her trip. 

"Uh, I wasn't sure if I'd be allowed. You haven't talked to me for the past five days." She replies.

"I know, and I'm sorry." Michael whispers, holding his arms out to hug her.

She groans, rolling her eyes, "I can't stay mad at you and it makes me even more mad you."

Chloe hugs him, and he smiles, holding onto her tightly.

"Will you come to my room now?" He chuckles, pulling away from her.

"Of course." She giggles, rushing to his room and curling up in his bed.

Michael groans, following her.

"Look how cute I am." Chloe smiles, poking her head out around the blankets.

Michael laughs, sitting next to her, "How was your trip?"

"It was so much fun! I love Laura, by the way, I hope you guys get together soon." Chloe says.

"The video you sent us was so cute, Laura seemed so happy to be there." Michael tells her, a smile spreading across his face.

"She was. I'm really glad I got to spend that time with her." Chloe replies.

Michael was glad that Chloe liked Laura, because he really liked Laura.

"Oh, Michael, Jada is really worried about Luke, I think you need to talk to him." Chloe says.

"What am supposed to say?"

"I don't know. She thinks he's hiding something from her. She said he's acting weird." Chloe replies, cuddling into Michael.

Michael scoffs, "Luke is always weird."

"Michael. She said he's acting weird, and that he doesn't have time for her anymore, I guess he's always either at work or doing school work. She's worried. I care about her and Luke and I think you should see if something is wrong."

Michael sighs, "I'm supposed to go over to his place soon. I'll see if I can get something out of him."

"Great! Thanks, you're the best best friend ever!" Chloe smiles, pressing a kiss to his cheek before sitting up, "I'm gonna go now, go see Luke."

When Chloe rushes off, Michael chuckles as he shakes his head.

He really didn't want to have to do this, but these were his friends and he deeply cares for all of them.

//

Michael knocks on the front door of Luke's house, wishing he'd hurry up so he wouldn't have to be in the cold any longer.

"Michael, honey, come in. Luke's in his room." Liz smiles,

"Thanks." Michael grins, making his way to Luke's room.

"Hey." Luke mumbles, still staring at his phone Michael walks into his room.

"So, Luke, is there anything you need to tell me? Something you're hiding?" Michael questions,

Luke quickly looks up at him, "Um, no... Why would you think that?"

"Uh, that's a little suspicious, Luke." Michael chuckles.

Luke quickly tries to relax, "I'm not hiding anything. I just don't know what would make you think that. What do you think I'm hiding?"

"Dude, I don't know. I was just checking in." Michael mutters, not wanting to push Luke. 

Michael didn't think Luke was hiding something before, but after this conversation he definitely did. Michael knew it wouldn't be smart to try to convince Luke to open up, but he hoped this made Luke realize he could come to Michael if he needed to. 

Luke knew he should've said something. He knew he couldn't keep living like this. Part of him felt awful about it, but another part of him didn't care.

_________

I saw Marianas Trench again last night. Josh came into my section. I feel like a new person. It was a beautiful night.

most of u probably know who they are (considering Luke wrote one of the best 5sos songs w Josh but anyways) u should really listen to them I'm v proud of these lil Canadians