48

Laura decided to go with Chloe and Jada to look for prom dresses.

She truly meant it when she wasn't sure if she wanted to go to prom. Laura had no idea how she was going to afford it. Most of the dresses at this place were over two-hundred dollars.

"Oh my god!" Chloe exclaims, seeing Jada walk out in a beautiful ball gown style dress.

"This is only the fourth dress I've tried and I think this is it. I'm in love." Jada says, smiling as she looks in the mirror.

"Luke is going to die when he sees you." Chloe chuckles.

"He better." Jada giggles.

"I can't believe it only took you four dresses to decide." Chloe mutters.

"This is it. Wow, that was easier than I thought." Jada laughs.

"I'm never going to find one." Laura says, hanging up six dresses outside her change room.

Chloe smiles, "We have time, don't stress about it."

//

"Prom dress shopping is so stressful." Chloe says, as they all sit at Calum's.

It's all they've done all break, is hang at Calum's.

"You just need to pick a dress, is it really that hard?" Calum asks.

"You don't get it. You haven't had to go shopping for a prom dress." Chloe exclaims.

Michael reaches out to Laura, pulling her closer and she rests her head on his shoulder.

"I found mine already, so I don't have to worry." Jada smiles, "I still don't have a date, though."

"Hey, I asked." Luke replies, raising his hands in defence.

Jada rolls her eyes, "Luke, you didn't."

"We're all dateless for prom, great." Calum groans, leaning back in his seat.

"You don't need a date." Chloe says.

The group sit in silence for a few minutes, on their phones or watching the tv quietly playing in the background.

"Chloe, come with me to prom." Ashton says, looking over at Chloe, who's standing by the mini fridge.

She doesn't say anything, but Calum smirks, "Ashton, you know what happens after prom..."

Ashton smirks, the two glancing over at Chloe.

"Will you two stop! I'm tired of this! People don't say shit like this about their friends!" Chloe exclaims.

"Okay, relax." Ashton chuckles.

Chloe sighs, "No, I won't. I didn't want this to happen this way but, hey guys, I'm gay. So, Ashton, no, I won't be fucking you after prom. Thanks, but no thanks."

Michael's jaw drops as he immediately gets up and goes over to Chloe, quietly mumbling, "C, hey..."

"I know I said I wasn't coming out until after graduation but, Michael, I can't do this anymore." Chloe replies, tearing up.

"Hey, I'm not mad you didn't wait. I'm worried you're going to be upset that it happened like this." He whispers, pulling her into a hug.

When Chloe pulls away from Michael she sees Ashton standing next to them, "Chloe, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean-"

"It's fine, Ashton." Chloe replies, shaking her head at him. 

She really wasn't that upset. Chloe actually felt pretty great about it. Yeah, it sucked it happened like this. But she was finally out. She could really be herself. 

"I'm sorry." He whispers, frowning at her.

"Ashton, it's okay. Come here." Chloe mumbles, pulling him into a hug.

Chloe knew there was no point in being mad at Ashton. She knew it wasn't his fault she came out this way. Chloe knew it was her choice, she didn't want Ashton to feel guilty.

"I'm so sorry." He sniffles.

"You have to stop this. The things you say. The things you and Calum do. I've told you to stop this so many times, and you don't listen." Chloe tells him, quiet enough so not everybody hears it.

Ashton nods, "I know."

"It's unfortunate that you only get it because you feel guilty that I came out since you won't stop harassing me, but you'll stop, right?" She asks.

"Yeah, I will. I'm sorry." He apologizes, again.

Chloe looks to all of her friends, who aren't completely sure what they're meant to say, "I'm sorry for coming out like that. I didn't mean to spring it onto you guys out of nowhere like that. I knew none of you would make a big deal, though."

"I'm so happy for you!" Jada exclaims, running up to her, hugging her and rocking back and forth.

"Thanks." Chloe laughs, a smile never leaving her face.

The group all go back to sitting together before Chloe speaks up again, "So, anybody else wanna share something?"

"Actually, yeah. I want to say something." Luke says, "I don't want any reactions, I know it isn't a big deal, but now is probably an okay time to let you all know I'm bi."

Michael couldn't stop smiling, he was so happy for his friends. They're all being who they are and he couldn't be more proud of the people around him. He may act like they all constantly annoy him, and he may never show it but he loved them all with all his heart.

When Michael notices Ashton with tears running down his cheeks, he decides to be the first to say something, "Ashton, man, are you crying?"

"I love you guys so much." Ashton chokes out, trying to wipe his tears away quickly.

Chloe leans over and wraps an arm around Ashton, resting her head on his shoulder.

Jada smiles, "We're all pretty lucky we ended up with each other, huh?"

"We really are." Calum adds, smiling at his friends.

Michael was so happy that these people are his best friends. He couldn't be happier.

_______

I don't think I like this chapter sorry it sucks