19

The three were together for about three hours, just talking, until Chloe stood up, staring at her phone.

"Oh, shit. Sorry guys, I have to go." Chloe mumbles, quickly making her way to the door.

"Uh, Chloe, um-" Michael manages to get out before she closes the door on him, since he followed her.

He walks back over to Laura, sitting on the couch with her.

"Sorry, uh, where's the bathroom?" Laura quietly asks.

"It's right through there, the first door." Michael tells her, and she follows his directions.

Michaels pulls out his phone when she gets up, and there was a text.

From: Chloe
To: Michael
I hope you don't hate me, I didn't actually have to go. Talk to her. This is good for you!!!!

From: Michael
To: Chloe
I hate you

From: Chloe
To: Michael
Love you too!

While Michael was texting Chloe, Laura was in the bathroom, just trying to calm down.

"It's only Michael. He's nice to you. He's your friend, I think." She whispers to herself, as she stares at herself in the mirror.

She takes one last deep breath before going back out, and she sits on the opposite end of the couch from Michael.

Michael smiles as he sees Laura coming back to sit with him.

"So, Michael."

"Yes, Laura?" Michael questions, smiling at the girl seated across from him.

Laura didn't know what to say. She just looked at him intently, she seemed so fascinated.

"I- I don't know." She whispers, looking away from him.

Michael chuckles, "I'm gonna go for a smoke, if you wanna come."

She nods, getting up with Michael.

He grabs his pack and lighter, walking into the backyard with Laura following closely behind.

"How'd you start smoking anyways?" Laura asks as Michael pulls a cigarette out, and holding the pack out towards her. She grabs it, but she's not sure wether she should or not.

"At the end of the tenth grade, Calum started. I went to hang with him and some of the friends he had at the time. I smoked there and I haven't stopped since." He tells her, inhaling the smoke.

"So now, almost everyday, you and Calum go smoke at lunch?" She questions.

"Yeah. I realize it's dumb, and I shouldn't. But I don't know if I really want to stop." He replies, looking over at her.

Laura started feeling less nervous, Michael really isn't a bad guy. She was glad she got to spend this time with Michael.

She was really glad.

___________

thank u for reading I'll update soon I swear