27

Laura couldn't stop smiling. It was basically impossible for her to stop smiling. She was so happy to be on a date with Michael.

Michael couldn't stop smiling either. But he was so nervous. He was scared she wouldn't like spending this time with him.

They're seated across from each other at a little restaurant. They already ate, but they've just been enjoying each other's company.

"I'm so happy we're doing this, that this is happening right now." Michael tells her.

"I would've asked earlier, I truly thought you had no interest whatsoever." Laura chuckles, reaching across the table to grab his hands.

Michael was extremely nervous as she intertwined their fingers. He was ecstatic, but still nervous.

Laura was getting a lot more comfortable with Michael. She was still a bit scared, but that was okay, it's normal. This is all she's wanted to a little while. It was so wild to her that at this moment she was sitting across from Michael, holding his hands. 

"So, ice cream time?" Laura asks, smiling up at Michael.

"Of course." He chuckles.

Michael and Laura sat in the car in comfortable silence on their way to get ice cream.

As Michael was driving, he reaches over and rests his hand on Laura's thigh, making her stomach do flips.

Laura nervously bites her lip as she looks down at his hand, before looking up at him focused on the road.

Michael looks over at her and smiles as she reaches down to grab his hand.

"I'm really happy." Laura whispers.

"I'm happy that you're happy."

"You know what would make this even better?" Laura questions, making Michael more nervous.

"What?" He quickly asks.

"Your embarrassing songs playlist." She giggles, gently squeezing his hand.

Michael sighs, as he doesn't want to be embarrassed, but he'll go along with it anyways, because he'll do anything for her right now. He'd do anything to keep things going so well. 

"The cord is right there." Michael says, pointing to it on the floor.

"This is amazing." Laura mumbles.

"Well, we're here. So you can play it after we're done with our ice cream." Michael chuckles as he parks the car.

The two get out of the car, and as they walk to the building, Michael pulls her closer to him.

It made Laura really happy that Michael even just wanted to be near her.

After the two get their ice cream, they sit down in a booth in the corner.

"So, Michael, what other music will I be so lucky to hear on this playlist?" Laura asks, smirking at him.

"I don't know. Stuff." He mumbles.

"I'm excited." Laura giggles before focusing on her ice cream.

"This is why I don't tell people about that playlist. I get bullied." Michael replies, pouting while poking at his ice cream with his spoon.

"Hey, I won't bully you." She giggles.

"I know you will, but I guess it's okay, since it's you."

When the two are back in the car Laura quickly grabs Michael's phone from him as soon as he holds it out to her.

"Alright, let's see." Laura smiles, pulling up the playlist.

"Yeah, whatever." Michael mumbles.

"MMMBop by Hanson is the first song on this playlist I know this is going to be great." She giggles, playing the song.

"I mean, yeah, I have a great taste in music." Michael nervously chuckles.

"No way!" She exclaims, changing the song to Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson

Laura felt like she liked him even more, after seeing even more of his music. Especially when she saw him lip syncing along to the song currently playing.

"I never thought you'd be a Kelly Clarkson fan." Laura smiles.

"I mean, who isn't?" He chuckles.

Laura laughs, "You're so cute."

She stops laughing when she realizes what she said, she stares straight ahead in complete embarrassment.

"You're pretty cute yourself." Michael smirks.

Though Michael was acting as if he wasn't nervous, he really was.

She clears her throat, "I- uh..."

Laura doesn't know what to say, she just smiles shyly.

They're close to Laura's house, and when Michael turns into her street, Laura speaks up, "Uh, can you pull over?"

Michael pulls over, and gives her a questioning look.

"I'm, uh, I'm gonna walk the rest of the way. Tonight was amazing, Michael. Thanks for everything. I'll see you at school, okay? Again, thanks." She smiles, quickly rushing out of the car.

Michael was worried, and he couldn't say anything. As soon as she stopped talking, she closed the door.

Laura hadn't realized she missed curfew for tonight, her mom and Kevin had asked her to be home. She didn't want Michael anywhere near her house when Kevin got mad at her.

He still waited though, where he pulled over, to make sure she got in.

Once she was in her house, Michael drove off thinking as if he'd done something wrong.

Maybe she hated the restaurant? Maybe she didn't like his jokes? Maybe she thought he was boring? Maybe she actually hated his music? Maybe she actually hated him? He had no idea.

Michael thought it went well, but after that... He thought maybe it didn't.

__________

I'm sorry this wasn't good