87

The first day of university was tough on Michael. He had no idea where he was going, he had no idea what to expect. He had nobody with him. He felt like at any moment he'd start crying from how nervous he was and how much he wished Laura was with him.

It wasn't completely awful, though. At least he survived. Michael had met a couple people in his classes. All he was hoping was that he'd be able to make good friends with some of them. He really needed it.

Michael and Laura have talked on the phone everyday. They were always so happy when they were taking to each other.

Chloe has also talked to Michael pretty often. Michael's talked to all of his friends since they've left. They're always texting in a groupchat as well.

Michael was on his way home from class now, his mom was waiting with dinner at home for him. He made it through the first week. All he wanted was to spend the entire weekend on FaceTime with Laura.

The second Michael gets home, he just wanted to curl up in bed for a bit before dinner as he starts heading up to his room.

"Michael! Honey, dinner is already ready!" His mom calls, and Michael stops halfway up the staircase.

Michael sighs, leaving his school bag at the bottom of the stairs, walking into the kitchen. He sits at the table, immediately finishing his text to Laura.

"You're right, Karen. All he cares about is his phone."

Michael quickly looks up to see Chloe sitting across from him, his jaw dropping when he sees her.

"Close your mouth, you look like a dumbass." Chloe says, smirking at Michael.

"What are you doing home already?" He exclaims, getting up and going to hug her.

"I was really hoping you'd have the first mental breakdown, but, it was me." She giggles, laughing as Michael tightly holds onto her even though she's still sitting at the table.

"I'm so happy to see you." He whispers, clearly getting worked up.

"Go sit, your mom made dinner." Chloe laughs, quickly kissing Michael's cheek.

"Why are you home? What have you been doing?" Michael asks, sitting back across from her.

"I wasn't kidding. I lost my mind. So I'm home for the weekend to try and relax. My mom came to pick me up today because she's the greatest human alive and I love her. I also had to come see Kare Bear, she's also my mom. She told me you'd be home for dinner soon and that I should stay." Chloe explains, as Karen serves the two.

Once she's sitting with the pair, they talk about how school has been going. Chloe cried.

After dinner Michael and Chloe both cleaned everything up, and made their way up to Michael's room when done.

"Now, tell me the truth." Chloe says, curling up in Michael's arms.

"What?"

"About school. You said at the table it was going well because your mom was there. You've told me you don't wanna talk about it. Which means it's not great. Tell me the truth, now."

"I don't really like it so far. I really don't. But I'm already in debt for it. My mom is working overtime to help me pay that off. I've been looking for a job. At this point I'd rather just work. But I need college. I don't know."

"Michael? I know everybody drills going to university into our head, but if it isn't right for you, then it isn't right for you."

"I can't. I need it. It's gonna suck sometimes. I think I just don't like what I'm doing. I think it's just Syracuse. I'm not sure I like that school. I'll figure it out I guess."