18

Nervous was an understatement for both Laura and Michael.

Laura kept checking her makeup every two minutes as she waited for Michael and Chloe to come pick her up.

Michael was sitting in the passenger seat as Chloe drove her mom's car. He kept shaking his leg unconsciously, as he was more than nervous.

"Michael, please calm down. We're just hanging out with her. I know you have a little crush, but I promise you'll be fine." Chloe smiles as they get closer to Laura's house.

Laura was standing at the door, ready to leave. She was hoping they'd show up soon, or else she might end up seeing Kevin.

Luckily, they pull into her driveway before she has to talk to Kevin, and she tries to look calm as she heads out to the car.

"Hey." Laura quietly says, smiling as she gets in the car.

Michael turns to quickly look back at her, "Hey, Laura."

Chloe smirks at Michael before she greets Laura herself.

Laura was starting to get excited, she couldn't wait to get to know these two better. She wasn't exactly sure what they were doing, or how long she's even going to be with them tonight. She didn't really care though, she was still glad this was happening.

"So we're going back to Michael's place, but since we're out I have to take him to get his damn Big Mac he's been complaining about wanting for the past three hours." Chloe says, rolling her eyes since his complaining earlier was ridiculous.

"I'm sorry, it's just necessary. I need one. You just don't understand." Michael replies, annoyed that Chloe is embarrassing him in front of Laura.

Chloe didn't know she was embarrassing him, they just always acted like this. She was only teasing him simply because he was making her drive out of her way to go to a dumb McDonald's.

Laura was quietly giggling in the back seat, she was glad she decided to come along.

When Michael finally gets the food he wanted, and they head back to Michaels place. His parents are out until the next morning, nobody will bother them tonight.

Chloe was so excited for Michael, she just knew that he likes Laura and she couldn't wait for them to spend time together.

Laura was just so happy she had these people and that they seem to enjoy her presence. She was finally making friends and she was so joyful.

Once at Michael's house, Chloe and Laura sat on the sofa while Michael sat on the floor, facing them.

"Michael, play some music." Chloe demands, pulling her knees close to her, sitting balled up in the corner of the couch.

Michael sighs, annoyed that he couldn't start eating his burger yet because Chloe wouldn't put the music on herself.

"Put your embarrassing playlist on!" Laura calls as Michael goes to the speaker to plug in his phone.

Chloe gasps, "She knows about the playlist?"

"Um, yeah." Michael mumbles in response. He knew Chloe would react.

"Wow, he must really like you." Chloe mutters, and Laura nervously smiles.

Chloe was shocked, Michael hated people knowing about that playlist. Ashton and Calum didn't even know about the playlist.

When Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney comes on, Michael groans.

"I'm not keeping this playlist on. I refuse." He tells them, changing it to his usual everyday playlist.

Michael sits back down, just wanting to eat his Big Mac.

"Laura, how've you been? How was your day?" Chloe asks, smiling over at Laura.

"I've been alright, I think. School's been hectic, trying to get used to it. But I'm glad you guys were willing to talk to me. It, uh, really does mean a lot that you've talked to me." She says, mumbling the last part and looking down at her phone.

"Aw, Laura!" Chloe smiles, looking from Michael to Laura.

Michael couldn't help but feel all bubbly inside. She actually liked talking to him.

_____________

so I saw 5sos on Wednesday in Montreal. I hate them but I loooove them. (5sos concerts are a lot more fun when u can have beer, btw) thanks for reading!!!