7

The next morning, Michael tiredly waited for the bus. He didn't get much sleep due to an assignment, and thinking too much.

As soon as he sees the bus coming, he quickly puts an earphone in, putting on his usual playlist.

When he gets on the bus, Chloe's there today, and he actually smiles at her.

"Wow, Chloe gets a smile, this is crazy." Luke mumbles, not speaking loudly considering Jada fell asleep with her head resting on his shoulder.

Michael rolls his eyes when he's in his seat, just so that they don't see him.

When Laura gets on the bus, he quietly takes a deep breath as she sits next to him.

As usual she tries to look over at what he's listening to. She notices it's Mötley Crüe, which is exactly who she wanted to listen to with him.

Michael decided to stop being so terrified of the girl sitting next to him and he barely looked up from his phone to her, as he holds out and earphone for her.

A small smile forms on her lips as she puts the earphone in.

Calum was the only one who noticed the two, and he was a little shocked. Michael rarely let anybody listen to music with him. It was his way to avoid everybody, and be without judgment. But here he is, letting Laura listen to his music.

The two didn't listen for long, for Laura's stop is the last before the school.

Michael was disappointed when they got to school. He just wanted to spend time with Laura but it seemed like in school he just couldn't.

He couldn't even imagine what it would be like to actually be able to talk to Laura, if he wasn't so scared.

Chloe continuously pokes Michael, trying to get his attention.

"Yes, Chloe?" Michael asks.

"I just want to know if you're okay? You let Laura listen to music with you today?"

He nervously looks down, he didn't want to answer. He was hoping nobody would ask.

"I'm fine. I just- I'm okay." He mumbles, wanting to tell Chloe, but not being able to.

"I'm coming over after school, we need to talk, okay?" She says, closing her locker and heading to her first class early.

Michael stays at his locker ignoring Ashton when he shows up. He thought about going to see Laura, but again he's too nervous to.

"Man, you're gonna have to help me with that English assignment at lunch, is that okay?" Ashton asks right as Michael was about to walk off.

"Oh, yeah, sure." He says, forcing a weak smile.

"Thanks." Ashton smiles.

Michael heads to class with an annoyed look on his face, because he really didn't want to be there.

//

The bus ride home was the same. Laura sat next to Michael as he listened to music, but he didn't let her listen this time.

Chloe got off the bus with Michael, since she said she would be coming over to talk to him.

Michael and Chloe sit next to each other on Michael's bed, Chloe has her head rested on Michael's shoulder.

"What's going on with you, Mike?"

"Nothing. I don't know why you seem so worried." He replies, trying to not get on the subject of Laura.

"You let somebody listen to music with you. You never share your earphones with anybody. It's okay if you like her, you know that, right?"

"I- I don't think I like her. It's only been a week or something so..."

"Okay, but there's no way you hate the girl. It's okay, she seems great. Have you tried talking to her?" She asks.

He sighs, "No, not really."

Michael knew why he was having such a hard time figuring out how to talk to Laura. There's no way he's going to continue this conversation with Chloe, it would just make him uncomfortable. 

"I miss this." She mumbles, wrapping her arms around Michael. He was just glad she changed the subject.

Michael smiles, because he's missed Chloe too. It's only three weeks into their senior year and they're all so stressed and busy already.

He wraps an arm around her so she can cuddle closer, and he presses a kiss to her forehead.

"You're the best, best friend ever." Chloe whispers.

"Love you." He smiles.

"Love you." She smiles, closing her eyes.

"Are you gonna nap?" Michael asks, lightly chuckling.

She nods, holding onto him tighter.

He laughs, before he ends up falling asleep too.

_______

hey. thanks for reading this. idk.