85

"Michael, be careful!" Laura calls as she follows behind Michael, who's carrying one of her heaviest boxes up to her dorm room.

"I'm fine!" He laughs, using the box to fully push the partially closed door open.

"Just leave it on my bed!" She tells him, as he quickly does what she says.

Laura laughs as she puts the bag she was carrying down on the floor by her bed.

"There's only the two boxes left, right?" Michael asks, approaching Laura and wrapping his arms around her waist. He smiles at her, holding her tightly.

"What are you doing? We have to get the last boxes." She giggles, looking up at her boyfriend.

"I love you so much." He whispers, quickly kissing her lips.

"I love you more, Michael. We need to get going though." Laura giggles, heading towards the door, since Michael has let go of her.

Michael and Laura both go grab her final few things from his car, and bring them back up to her room so she can begin her unpacking.

"So, what do you want me to do?" Michael asks, the two of them now standing in her dorm.

"Uh, well, I don't want to make you unpack." Laura tells him, really not wanting to make him unpack her room for her.

"Babe, let me help." He tells her, sitting on the chair at her desk.

Laura goes to reply, but she's interrupted by who she assumes is her roommate, and her roommates mom, walking into the room.

"Hey, I assume you're Laura?" The girl asks, turning to face her.

"Uh, yeah, you're Sabrina, I guess?" Laura quietly laughs, trying to hide how nervous she really is.

"And who's this?" Sabrina's mom asks, clearly unimpressed with the boy sitting in her daughters room.

"Oh, I'm Michael. Her boyfriend." He tells her, giving her a small smile.

"I'm going to start grabbing your stuff." Sabrina's mom tells her daughter before leaving the room.

Once she's out of the room, Sabrina rushes over to Laura, "I'm so sorry about my mom. She's not always the nicest. She also hates boys, so I'm sorry about that too, Michael."

"Don't worry about it. My stepdad kinda sucks too. I get it." Laura replies, quietly giggling.

"Oh, thank god. At least we have shitty parents in common! Our bonding has already started." Sabrina smiles, before rushing out of the room to go help her mother.

"Well, that was... interesting." Michael mutters, getting up from his spot at the desk.

"Maybe we should go for lunch or something, we'll let her move in." Laura tells Michael going over to hug him.

He holds onto her tightly, before connecting their lips. Though, they're quickly torn apart by Sabrina's mom clearing her throat as she enters the room.

Michael leans closer to Laura, before whispering, "Yeah, let's get the fuck out of here."

//

"Your roommate seems lovely. Her mom, on the other hand..."

"I know! What was that?" Laura laughs, turning to look at Michael. They had already gone out for lunch and Michael was now driving the two back to Laura's room.

They stayed out for lunch as long as they could so that hopefully Sabrina's mom was gone. The pair really didn't want to have to see her again.

"Do you want help unpacking when we get back?" Michael asks, only a few minutes away.