21

Laura smiled at both Michael and Chloe when she got on the bus.

"Hey, Laura." Michael whispers, leaning closer to her.

"Hey." She replies, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Calum, Ashton, Luke and Jada all had no idea what was happening. They kept giving each other looks like 'what the fuck is going on'.

Chloe, of course, knew that Michael got Laura's number after she saw that movie with her brother and that they've been messaging each other ever since.

Michael was terrified when he first started texting Laura. He's still nervous about it.

As Laura and Michael sat together, smiling in silence, the rest of them looked to Chloe, knowing she knew something.

Chloe innocently shrugged her shoulders, then smirks at them.

"Chloe, you're so mean." Luke mutters.

"Shut up, you're annoying." Chloe replies.

When they got to school, they all followed behind Laura and Michael until they both turn to go to Laura's locker.

Ashton gasps, and Calum's eyes widen, both completely confused.

"Is Michael sick? Is he okay?" Luke asks Chloe, making her roll her eyes in response.

Something that usually never happens ended up happening that day. They all went to one specific locker as soon as they walked into the school.

They all had to question Chloe on what was happening, right?

"Chloe, come on. You have to know something." Ashton says, opening his locker.

"If I did, why would I tell you guys?" Chloe replies, putting her things into her locker.

"Because we're his friends, and yours?" Calum smiles, trying to get an answer from her.

"Well if you're his friends you'll wait for him to tell you himself." Chloe tells him, closing her locker and walking off.

On Chloe's way to class, she knows she's going to walk by Laura's locker. On her way, she prepares to be disgusted by the flirting that's definitely happening.

She sees them, and rolls her eyes before approaching them.

"Michael. The guys are being idiots. You know why. Talk to them. Laura. If any of them even try to talk to you, I'll fight them." Chloe tells them, but walks off right away.

Laura gives Michael a confused look and he sighs.

"Basically... My friends are pretty invasive. Uh, they aren't used to me talking to girls... Or anybody outside our friend group at all... So they're going to bother me, and they might end up trying to talk to you. I'm so sorry if they do." Michael nervously mumbles.

Laura couldn't help but smile. She just thought Michael was so... Cute? She didn't even know.

"Hey, if they try to talk to me, Chloe will fight them. So it's okay." She giggles, smiling at him.

Michael gives her a small smile back, still embarrassed because of his friends.

The bell goes, and Laura pouts.

"I'll see you at lunch, right?" She asks, closing her locker.

"Yeah, of course." He replies, as they start walking to class.

When the two separate paths, they both couldn't wait until lunch.

_________

hey. I was hoping to update a lot this week, but I'm a lil busy and a lil upset so updates are probably gonna be slow I'm sorry