9

The Monday following Chloe and Michael's day off, Ashton kept asking Chloe and Michael questions. It was mostly about if they hooked up, the two were both pretty annoyed.

Ashton shut up when Laura got on the bus though. It seems like most days they all get quiet when Laura gets on the bus.

As usual, when they get to school Michael watches Laura walk off to her locker, and sighs when he remembers he won't end up talking to her all day.

Michael spent a lot of time over the weekend trying to figure out how to actually talk to Laura at school without feeling like he wanted to disappear, and he doesn't know how.

Since they're in the same economics class, and only Jada of his friends is in that class, he figured he could talk to her then. Michael believed Jada wouldn't do much harm. If it was any of the guys though, he knew he wouldn't even be able to look at Laura without hearing something from one of them. 

At their lockers, Ashton nudges Michael just as Chloe leaves. He watches her walk off before turning to Michael.

"So, did you fuck or not? You can tell me, now that she's not here." He says.

Michael rolls his eyes, "I didn't have sex with her, Ashton. She's my best friend, and it isn't your business anyways. You shouldn't ask people this shit."

He groans, "You're so annoying."

"Says you." Michael mumbles, hoping Ashton won't hear. He didn't want to have to fight with him.

Ashton obviously doesn't hear, since he continues to rummage through his locker.

When the bell rings, Michael sighs, before taking his time to avoid class.

//

At the end of the day, Michael wasn't planning on taking the bus home. He took his time and made his way from his locker to the library.

Chloe walked with him to the library but continued to the bus. Just as Michael was about to enter, somebody tapped his shoulder.

He turns around to see Laura smiling at him. Michael suddenly got nervous when seeing her, she seemed to be doing that to him lately.

"Hi, Laura." He says, a small smile on his lips.

"Hey, are you not taking the school bus?" She asks.

"No, I'm gonna study for my math test tomorrow. I just don't want to go home." He lightly chuckles.

"Oh, well... Is it okay if I stay with you for a bit? I just- I'm not gonna lie, your friends scare me a bit. I hate the bus. I have a biology test on Thursday to study for anyways."

"Uh- um, yeah, sure. Y-yeah." He stammers, opening the library door and holding it as she follows.

Michael took a few deep breaths as he followed her to a table, and she grins as he sits across from her.

He pulls out his books before taking his phone out so he could listen to music.

Laura didn't realize she was smiling while watching him and when he looks up, he gives her a confused look. She quickly looks away and back to her books.

Michael opens his music so he listen while working, as he usually does.

Since he's seen Laura looking at what he's listening to before, he left he phone unlocked after hitting shuffle on his usual playlist.

She's trying to hide a smile while looking down at her notes, and Michael assumes she saw he was listening to Good Charlotte.

Soon the two are both focused on their work, and not each other. They both occasionally glanced up at the other, though.

When Michael was ready to leave he closes his books and looks up to Laura.

"Do you have a ride home? Calum has his parents car and is coming to get me... So if- uh, you need a ride o-or whatever-"

She just smiles and shakes her head, "My mom is coming to get me soon, it's all good."

Really, Laura was probably going to walk home, or maybe take the bus. She didn't want to inconvenience Michael and Calum and she didn't want them to see where she lived or have her mom see her with them. She really didn't want her stepdad to see her with them. He doesn't ever want to see her with boys.

"I'll see you tomorrow on the bus, right?" He asks as he slowly backs away.

She nods again, "You sure will."

As soon as he's gone, Laura calls her mom, hoping she'll come get her.

"Hey, Laur. How come you're not home?"

"I- uh, was just getting some studying done. Do you think you'll be able to pick me up?"

"Oh, I can't. I'm sorry. I can see if Kevin will pick you up?"

"I'd rather not spend any extra time with Kevin. I'll walk." She mutters, rolling her eyes.

She can't stand her stepdad. Kevin. She was tired of Kevin. He made her life miserable, and she couldn't wait for college just to get out of that house.

"Laura..."

"No. It's fine. I'm walking. I'll talk to you when I get home." Laura replies, ending the call.

With that, Laura started her walk home. She thought about Michael for a while as she walked. She only hoped Michael thought about her as much as she thought about him.

________

thank u for reading this :)