6

Laura sat in her third period class, with headphones in as she tried to do the math problems in front of her.

Nobody else in the class was really doing work, she didn't want to be stuck with it for homework though, so she continued.

When she feels like somebody's staring at her, she looks up to see Ashton turned in the seat in front of her, looking at her.

She furrows her eyebrows, giving him a confused look as she slowly takes out her headphones.

"Uh... Hi?" She mumbles, not sure why he's staring at her or what she should say.

"Hey." He smiles.

"Do you need something? I'm trying to get this done..."

"Oh, then do your work-"

The bell rings, interrupting him.

"I'll walk with you." He smiles.

"Um, okay." She mutters, grabbing her books and heading out of the class.

Ashton walks beside her, but she tries to ignore that he's there.

"So, how's school been for you here?"

"It's fine, I think." She replies, shrugging.

Ashton was very intimidating to her. He seems to be popular, she's noticed he seems to be friends with everybody. She didn't know why he needed another person to speak to, he made her nervous. 

They get to her locker and Ashton leans on the locker next to hers.

"Did I do something?" She asks, putting her books away and refusing to look at Ashton.

"No. I just- you know what, I'll go." He sighs, heading to his own locker.

When he gets there, Michael is still at his locker.

"Hey Michael, I'm pretty sure that new girl hates me already."

"Good. Leave her alone." Michael mumbles.

"Whoa, okay." Ashton mutters, rolling his eyes.

"Well, if the girl doesn't want you around, leave her alone. It's common sense." Michael replies, rolling his eyes at Ashton once again before heading to lunch.

When Michael walked into the cafeteria, he saw Laura sitting alone again, and thought about joining her. But he didn't, and sat next to Luke.

"Hey, man, did you do the sociology homework?" Luke asks.

"Uh, yeah. Chloe and I worked on it last night."

"Where is Chloe anyways?" Luke asks.

"Not here."

Luke rolls his eyes, "Thanks."

"Well it's true." Michael mutters in response.

Soon Jada joins them, and Calum and Ashton come shortly after.

Michael wasn't listening to their conversation, he kept glancing over at Laura. He hoped nobody would notice, but somebody did.

Laura did.

Laura knew Michael was looking at her, and it mad her nervous. Did she have something on her? Was there something wrong with her hair? Did her makeup smudge?

She didn't know it was because he thought she was one of the prettiest girls he's ever seen.

As she ate she continued to listen to music, but was still careful how she acted due to Michael looking at her.

She wanted to know if Michael would ever listen to her favourite bands with her, but she's only seen him listening to bands on her 'early 2000s emos' playlist.

He wanted to know what she was listening to. He wanted to know if she liked the same music as him.

"Hey, Michael?" Calum calls, trying to get his attention.

Michael nods and gets up, knowing it's to go outside to smoke.

"I haven't seen you all day, you didn't talk to me during math, and you skipped music class, did I do something wrong?"

"Uh, no. Um, why were you late this morning?"

"Oh, I didn't tell you... I didn't want to maybe upset you. I- I was flirting with Laura a-and- I'm sorry, man."

Michael just nodded, not sure what to say. Michael doesn't like the new girl, does he? He just met her, yeah, there's some weird attraction there, but nothing worth getting upset at Calum for, right?

"Oh, okay." Michael mumbles.

Calum takes another drag, handing the cigarette to Michael.

"I realize I should probably let you have her. You'd probably want a relationship, whereas I, don't." He mumbles.

"First of all, we can't really claim a human being, you aren't letting me have her. Second, who said I wanted any relationship with her?"

Michael takes a drag, refusing to look at Calum.

"It's fine if you like her, you know. She seems great."

Michael groans, handing Calum the cigarette back, "It's only been a few days! I've talked to her maybe twice!"

"Whoa, sorry." He mutters, taking one last drag before putting it out.

The two walk back in the school, but instead of going to the cafeteria, they go to Calum's locker.

"Have you even ever talked to her on the bus before?" Calum asks, looking through his unorganized locker for his history textbook.

"Uh, no. I think she usually looks at what I'm listening to though, but I'm not sure."

"Really? Then maybe you should talk to her about music."

________

hiii! thank u for reading this y'all are so cute