22

Michael and Chloe both skipped third period. This has been happening often, as senior year really wasn't a year anybody wanted to work hard.

"You really like her, right? You can admit that now, can't you?" Chloe asks, sitting with him on the back staircase, nobody ever goes there.

"I mean... I guess..." Michael mumbles, he hated admitting stuff like this to Chloe.

She smiles, the biggest smile he's ever seen and wraps an arm around him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I'm so happy for you." Chloe quietly says.

"Why? It's not like I'm getting married or something." He chuckles.

"Michael, you never talk about your feelings. You seem like you don't have feelings. I'm just happy that you're opening up a little. People do say that senior year changes people..."

That made Michael think.

Was he really changing? He wasn't too sure if that was a good thing.

"Are, uh, are you going to invite her to Ashton's? The party?" Chloe asks, wanting to change the subject. She could tell he was upset.

"Yeah, I will." Michael quickly replies, still focused on the previous subject.

Ashton is probably the most popular in their friend group. He's friends with almost everybody. Ashton would tell his 'super popular' friends about the party, and they'd get the word out.

"Oh, the bell is about to go. We should head to our lockers." Chloe says, standing up and facing Michael.

He nods, getting up and following Chloe.

"Are you okay?" Chloe asks when they get to their lockers.

"Yeah, of course. I just don't do this whole feelings thing. It's weird." Michael mutters, avoiding eye contact.

"I'm sorry, if I made you uncomfortable, Michael." Chloe says, turning to face him.

"C, I'm fine. I swear I am." He tells her, smiling at her.

"Okay. I'm assuming you're sitting with Laura, right?" She asks as the bell rings.

He nods as she closes her locker and heads to Jada's locker.

Michael waited at his and Laura's usual table, and she showed up shortly after.

"Hey, Michael." Laura grins, unable to control how happy she is to see him.

"Hey, how's your morning been?" Michael asks, smiling up at her.

She sits down, "It's been good. How are you doing?"

"I'm great. I have something to ask you, actually." Michael says, nervously chewing his lip.

"What's up?"

He takes a deep breath, trying to calm down, "So, Ashton has these Halloween parties every year. My friends all love Halloween, I don't know. Anyways, would you, like, want to come?"

"Me? The new girl? Invited to a party? Wow. Yeah, sounds good." She replies.

"Great. It's on Friday. I'm walking over, I- I can stop by your house, on the way, you know, so you aren't going yourself?" Michael mutters, still nervous to do things like this with Laura.

"Yeah, that'd be nice, thanks." She smiles.

Michael was excited, he couldn't wait for the party, he couldn't wait to be with Laura. He couldn't wait to drink, maybe he could finally have some confidence when talking to Laura.

_____________

hey, thanks for still reading this.