14

Michael was headed to Calum's today, most Saturday's that's what they all did.

As Michael walked to Calum's, he listened to music.

Even when he got to Calum's he was still listening to music. Not for long though, because right after he closed the garage door, Chloe pulled his earphones out.

"I'm tired of you ignoring us all the time. I'm going to cut these up soon." She says, taking his earphones and sticking them in her pocket.

"You know I have other pairs, that would be pointless." Michael mutters, rolling his eyes at his best friend.

Chloe and Jada were both whispering as Calum and Ashton were talking, Michael felt left out.

"Wait, where's Luke?" Michael asks.

"Oh, at work." Jada quickly says.

She truly loves Luke, but nobody knows. Luke doesn't even know. Whenever Luke's brought up, she lights up, she loves talking about him.

"Why aren't we there bothering him?" Michael asks, looking up at his friends.

They liked to go to the movie theatre and bother Luke as he worked, but it was mainly something Michael and Calum enjoyed.

"That's what I said." Calum replies, joining the conversation.

"I think, we should go right now." Michael says.

"He already begged us to not show up this weekend, I have no idea why, but we should probably leave him alone." Ashton says.

"It's probably because you're so mean to him when you show up there." Jada replies.

Michael goes back to sitting in silence until Chloe moves to the floor to be closer to him, as he was on the beanbag chair.

"Hey, are you okay?" Chloe asks, looking up at him.

"I'm fine, C. Really." He says, forcing a smile.

Michael thought he was okay, but he really didn't know. The way he's been thinking about Laura so much, he thought maybe something really was wrong with him.

"Is it Laura? I know it's Laura." She whispers, not wanting anybody to overhear.

"Can we maybe talk about this later? I don't want to discuss this now." Michael quietly replies, looking around to make sure nobody's listening to them.

Chloe smiles and nods before she rests her head on his shoulder.

The two seemed to sit in silence quite often, and they enjoyed it. They just enjoyed each other's presence. Michael listened in on everybody's conversation, and Chloe was mainly focused on Twitter.

Michael only spoke up during the conversation a few times, since he liked listening more than talking.

"I'm gonna leave soon, if you wanna leave with me. Just so we can talk." Chloe says, moving up to one of the chairs at the small table on the opposite side of the garage.

Michael loved how nice Chloe always is to him. He knew he was lucky to have her as a best friend.

Since he would leave with Chloe, he decided to go sit with Jada, Ashton and Calum.

"Oh, Michael. You're so nice, finally joining us." Ashton sarcastically says, looking over at Michael.

"Sorry." Michael mumbles.

"Guys, leave him alone." Jada says, defending Michael.

"He hasn't been wanting to socialize with us much lately, it's annoying." Ashton replies.

Michael just looks down, not comfortable with this conversation.

"Probably because you two are ignorant." Jada mutters in response.

"Do you really wanna start a fight again?" Calum asks.

Jada rolls her eyes, "Just be quiet."

"Michael. Come on, we gotta go." Chloe mumbles, poking him.

"He just joined us." Ashton says.

"It's important. Leave us alone." Chloe replies, grabbing Michael's hand and dragging him out.

Once they're far enough away, Chloe finally asks, "Alright. What is it about Laura?"

_________

thanks for reading and voting and everything ily