Homesick - Avengers x Reader

Words: 992
Pairing: Avengers x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Pietro Maximoff, Wanda Maximoff, (the others mentioned)
Warnings: being homesick, talk of getting shot
Requested by anon
Summary: You're away from the Avengers for your first year of college and are missing them pretty hard. Good thing they're only a text or phone call away.
Author's Note: Another dialogue-heavy one, but this one makes me smile :)

*Edited*

---

You sighed as you sat on your bed.

(Y/N): I just want to come home, Tony. 

Tony: Did something happen? Anyone you need us to fight?

(Y/N): No, I just miss being home. I like the school and stuff, and I've made a few friends, I just miss you guys and want to come home.

Tony: I'm sure a holiday is coming up soon, yeah? 

(Y/N): Yeah, but like, I want to go back to the tower with you and everyone and stay there. Being without my best buds scares me...

Tony: We miss you, too; you aren't alone. Find out your next holiday, and I'll buy you a plane ticket to come back for a few days. We need to see our (Y/N)! 

When you saw that text, you had to admit that it made you smile.

(Y/N): I'll figure it out. 

(Y/N): How's everyone else doing?

Tony: Everyone's been fine. Cap got hurt one day at a mission cause he forgot that he was fighting with Clint and not you. 

You frowned, but before you could reply, another text came in. 

Tony: Sorry. Not helping the homesickness.

You sighed, now even more upset. 

(Y/N): I'll talk to you when I figure out what days I have off. 

Tony: Sounds good, kiddo.

You fell back on your bed. Luckily, you had your dorm to yourself tonight, as your roommate was going to a party. You couldn't tell if your roommate liked you or not. You guys talked to each other, but weren't the best of friends.

Your phone started ringing a few seconds later, and you smiled when you saw "CAPSICLE" come across the screen.

"Hello, old man." You said.

"Hello, little child," Steve replied. "Heard Stark was talking to you, and I was very angry you didn't call me!"

You giggled. "Sorry, Stevie." You told him. "Well, I heard you got hurt cause I wasn't there."

"Just a little arm pain."

"You got shot, didn't you?" You sighed. You really missed him.

"Nothing I can't handle. Only grazed the skin, luckily." Steve told you. "Lash out on anyone yet?"

"Not yet. And what am I going to do, slap someone? It's not like I have any actual powers like the twins, and I'm not a super-soldier. I'm not even anywhere near the level of Nat or Clint." You sighed.