Idiot - Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 1007
Pairing: Natasha Romanoff x Reader
Featuring: Clint Barton, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers
Warnings: a lil bit of swearing, ooc natasha
Requested by @myfandomsarecooler
Summary: You have a secret crush on Natasha, and are afraid of acting like an idiot around her. Your friends try to make sure that things work out.
Author's Note: I don't get to write a lot of Nat, so this was fun even if she is a bit ooc. It still turned out really cute.

*Edited* 

---

"Clint, shut the flippity flap up." You said in an annoyed, quiet tone. You were getting tired of him already.

"When did you start saying flippity flap?" Clint asked you, still sidetracked.

"Since Steve and Natasha told me to stop swearing." You grumbled and rolled your eyes. "Now, can we focus on the plan?"

Clint smiled. "Natasha, hmm?"

"The plan?" You asked.

"Yes, fine." Clint rolled his eyes. "I've got the camera."

"It'll be so funny." You smiled to yourself, waiting for the perfect moment to run into the lab.

"What are you two doing?" Natasha's voice was heard from behind.

"Uh, we're pranking Tony." You stuttered out.

She smiled. "How exactly are you pranking him?"

"You'll have to watch," Clint said. "It's going to be perfect."

"He's off the phone." You told Clint. "Are you ready?"

"I'm always ready." Clint smiled, shaking the camera.

You jumped up and ran into Tony's lab. "Tony, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." You started to freak out.

"(Y/N)? What's going on?" Tony set down everything he was working on and walked over to you.

You put your hands up to your eyes and made it look like you were crying. "I, I have to tell you something."

"What's wrong?" He put his arms around.

"Tony, I'm- I'm- I'm pregnant." You told him.

Tony jumped. "Oh my gosh- you are?" The plan was already working. He believed it. "Who's child is it?" Another reason it was working. Now to hope that Tony was caught up in the moment.

"Y-y-yours."

"Oh my god, it- it is?" Tony said, and he started to grab at his hair. Then, after it went on for a minute, you burst out laughing. "Wh-what?"

"Tony, think about it." You smiled. "Have we ever actually done anything more than, I don't know, shaking hands?"

Tony closed his eyes. "You can't just come in here and say things like that!" He yelled. "You get me caught up, and I don't think!"

You were laughing again. "I can't believe you fell for that!"

"Get out of my lab." Tony crossed his arms and pushed you away.

When you walked out, Clint and Natasha were losing it. "Oh my gosh, you're an idiot." Natasha laughed.

---

(Y/N): I feel like I totally embarrassed myself!

Clint: Well, you made her laugh and smile! I say it was a success. 

(Y/N): I guess so... 

You were still a little wary about your performance in front of Natasha yesterday.

As if it were on cue, Natasha walked into the room and smiled at you. "How are you today?" She asked.

"Oh, uh, I'm doing all right." You shrugged, hoping none of that came out sounding weird. "How about you?"

You were so nervous around her; you really hoped she couldn't tell.

"I'm doing great! Have you trained today? I could really use someone to spare with."

"Oh, uh, no, I haven't." You replied with a small nod.

"Would you want to work with me?" Natasha smiled at you.

"Of course!" You said, way too excited. "I mean, yeah, that's cool."

She laughed a bit. "Great! Let's go?"

You both stood up and headed to go train together. Although you were not nearly as good a fighter as Natasha, you did most of the brain work and stayed back with someone who was more experienced with fighting.

You tried not to make a fool of yourself while fighting, and you actually didn't. You did fine, and you and Natasha got some great conversations in.

"So, is Tony talking to you again?" She laughed a bit after you guys finished training.

You shrugged and took a drink from your water bottle. "I was scared to talk to him today. Figured I'd give him a little time to think about not rushing into conclusions."

Natasha nodded. "He's such an idiot."

You put your hand over your heart jokingly. "I thought that was my nickname!"

Natasha laughed again. "It is, except your idiot is like, for specific times. Tony's is just a general thing."

You smiled again, and once you both went your separate ways after training, you ran to find Clint.

"I TALKED TO HER WITHOUT EMBARRASSING MYSELF!" You yelled at him.

And little did you know that as soon as Natasha turned to corner, she ran to find Steve. "YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!"

Steve laughed at Natasha. "Probably not; everything these days is questionable."

"I trained with (Y/N), talked to them, and made jokes with them. AND I DIDN'T EMBARRASS MYSELF!" Natasha yelled, and Steve chuckled a bit.

"Wow, see, you're getting better. Time to ask (Y/N) out yet?"

Natasha didn't know how to respond, so she shook her head. "I don't know if I can do that."

---

Natasha asked you out a week later. You guys went to dinner, which bored both of you. So you ended up at a Build-A-Bear Workshop for the hell of it. It was way more fun than just sitting across from each other and talking.

"Oh my gosh- Nat, there's a Captain America outfit." You laughed. "And an Iron Man!"

"Oh, and Thor." She nodded. "How should we dress the bear?"

"I've got it. Cap outfit, Tony's mask, and Thor's hammer." You picked up the pieces.

"It's perfect!" You squealed and began to dress it.

She shook her head and smiled at you as she watched you with adoration in her eyes.

You looked up once you finished dressing it. "What?" You asked when you noticed her staring.

She shook her head and put her arm around you, so you guys could pay for the bear.

Once outside, you held up the bear. "TO OUR CHILD!" You yelled.

Again, she shook her head, smiling. "Why do you keep doing that?" You asked, a little laugh in your voice.

The smile stayed on her face. "I just can't believe I fell in love with an idiot," Natasha said and pulled you in for a kiss, something you both had been desperately wanting.