Disappeared - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 1107
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x pregnant!Reader
Featuring: Wanda Maximoff, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, others mentioned
Warnings: pregnancy, crying, swearing
Requested by anon
Summary: You and Bucky disappeared, only to come back a few months later with a big surprise.

Author's Note: Though I use gender-neutral pronouns for yn in this one, they are pregnant so take that as you will! 

*Edited*

---

The night you and Bucky disappeared, Steve kept blaming himself. At first, he thought it was just Bucky who was gone. He let his best friend get away from him again, but this time he really could have controlled it. He could have convinced Bucky that he was wanted here, to stay with The Avengers.

But when he heard Wanda's scream coming from your room, Steve feared the worst. He thought he would walk in and find a dead body or the room destroyed with you taken. Wanda lost her best friend, too, but at least you left a note. Steve could have sworn he heard Wanda's heart break for the second time in the last year. First, her brother leaves her, and now her best friend is gone. Steve comforted her as he read the letter to himself.

Team,

I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore; I'm not fit to be an Avenger. At least not right now. I need time to remember myself and go back to the basics; I barely remember what my personality is. I would recommend not worrying about me. I'll be fine. And I shouldn't have to say this, but I know you will try to look for me. You won't find me. I know what I'm doing, and if I want to be off the map, then I'll be off the map.

Wanda, I'm sorry, but there's a box I left for you under the bed.

(Y/N).

Steve didn't say anything; he just continued to hug Wanda. It had been an emotional year for her. She joins a new team, makes a best friend, loses her brother in a battle, and her best friend just told her not to look for them. "Do you want to look at the box?" Steve whispered.

Wanda shook her head, "No, I'm going to go shoot something."

And that was that.

---

"This is James."

You tried to listen to your boyfriend's phone call, but it was harder than anticipated. "Yes, you need me to come in now? Okay, I'll be there soon," He sighed and hung up.

Bucky walked out of the main part of the apartment to find you. "Hey," He hugged you, "I have to go to work."

You nodded. The three months you two have been hiding out in Brooklyn, you both managed to get good jobs. Your job was not as busy as Bucky's, though. He was on call all the time, but it made the money needed to stay where you were. You also had to go by names your friends didn't know you by. So since the Avengers know Bucky as Bucky, he chose to go by James, claiming it would confuse the team if they went looking.

You chose a random name that you loved to hide yourself. It was easier than it sounded since you were a spy and could stay hidden. And since even Steve couldn't afford a place in Brooklyn, it was the perfect place to go.

Bucky left the apartment to head to work, and you were left alone with your thoughts. It was the perfect time to go to the convenience store for the one thing you were hiding from Bucky- you were late.

"What is that?" Bucky walked in hours later.

You showed it to him, two lines on the small object handed to him. His eyes grew wide. "You're pregnant?"

---

Wanda is a mess.

She shows that she's doing great, helping on missions and getting the job done, but every time she has free time, she's either shooting something in the training room or sitting in silence. Grief was common for her, and she just wanted it to go away. Even though it's been seven months with you gone, she couldn't help but blame herself. She didn't show how much you mattered to her; she didn't show enough love.

This was how she reacted when she lost her parents, too. She was upset for months, thinking that there could have been a way for her to help them. And with losing her brother and her best friend leaving in a year, it all hit her at once.

Wanda was in the base with Natasha and Steve; everyone else was out. "Black car approaching," The AI rang through the rooms everyone was in.

They all met in the front room, unsure who it could be. They were waiting to see if anyone got out of the car, and they were ready to fight. How did they get into this area?

"Oh my god," Wanda mumbled when she saw you and Bucky get out of the car, "Stand down."

Bucky walked in front of you and knocked on the door; Steve opened it.

"Buck!" He yelled, going straight into a hug.

Wanda couldn't stop smiling when she saw you, "I'm so sorry I left you," You cried; this whole being pregnant thing made you emotional.

"I'm just glad you're back," Wanda hugged you, "I think you owe me a story, though," She laughed when she gestured to your stomach, the obvious baby bump.

After telling the story of where you and Bucky went, the jobs you got, and the relationship that developed, everyone was just glad you both were back.

You heard a quinjet land, and cars pull in. You were very wary about how everyone else would react to you and Bucky showing up, especially with a kid on the way.

"FRIDAY, alert everyone to come to the common room," Steve called out. And within ten minutes, you heard murmurs approaching.

"What do you want (Y/N)!" Tony ran over to you and attacked you in a hug, "You've changed."

"Bucky's here too," Steve whispered.

"It's been a while, guys; where did you go?" Clint asked.

"Brooklyn," Bucky answered.

You had to explain the whole story again, but everyone was happy to have you back. "You're naming it Tony, right?" Tony smirked.

"In your dreams," Bucky scoffed.

One after one, the team started to head to bed. You caught Wanda before she could leave, though. "Did you look at the box I left you?"

She looked upset. "No, I couldn't."

"You haven't looked at it?" You gasped, grabbed her hand, and dragged her to your room. The box was where you left it, and you snatched it up and ripped the top off.

"Look at it now," You handed her the box.

She looked down, and her jaw dropped. "Where did you find this?" You watched Wanda pull the picture out of the box.

"In Pietro's things he left behind."

"I'm so glad you are back," She hugged you and took another look at the picture of her and her brother as children.

Bucky walked into the room and called your name.

"Yeah, Bucky?" You turned to see your boyfriend, and Wanda excused herself from your room.

"Thanks for giving a shit about me."

You laughed, "You too."