Matchmaker - Bucky Barnes x Natasha Romanoff x Platonic!Reader

Words: 946
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Natasha Romanoff (buckynat) x Platonic!Reader
Featuring: Clint Barton, Steve and Tony cameo
Warnings: ooc characters
Requested by anon (but actually it's my sister. She told me last week this was her request.)
Summary: You love the idea of Bucky and Natasha together, and try to convince them they should get together. Little do you know, they have a secret.
Author's Note: Lol when I received this request I thought it was normal but then my little sister confessed to sending it. It's one of my only character x character fics, too! I stan buckynat. Mad we didn't get more of a cameo of them knowing each other before the avengers.

*Edited*

---

"Soooooo," You slide over on the couch to where Bucky was sitting. "How have you been?" You moved your eyebrows.

"Uh, hey (Y/N)." Bucky laughed; you were acting strange. "I've been fine."

"That's good! What are you doing today?"

"I've got training soon." Bucky shrugged.

"Cool, have you been out of the facility lately?"

"Yes," Bucky said, not elaborating.

"Are you ready to- hey (Y/N)!" Natasha came into the room. "Bucky, are we, uh, training?"

Bucky shot up out of his chair. "Yep! Let's go!" He said, and you could sense the nervousness. "Bye!" And both of them ran out of the room.

You fell back onto the couch. "What was that?" Clint came out from hiding.

"I tried; he won't spill anything!" You groaned.

"You didn't try hard enough." Clint laughed.

"I just want to know if he's gotten a significant other yet." You sighed. "I need to know if it's my turn for matchmaker."

"Who would you match him with?" Clint asked.

"Natasha." You smirked.

Clint burst out laughing. "Bucky and Nat? Really? You think they would be good together?"

"Yes! Think about it: they're both assassins, they both speak other languages, their attractiveness levels match, and Bucky keeps ending up between Natasha's legs."

Clint gave you a weird look with that one. "You know, her thigh flip attack thing." You shrugged as you pulled out your phone. "Just trust me on this; they would be perfect together."

Clint began to think about it and quickly sit down next to you. "Operation Get Nat and Bucky Together?"

You laughed. "How about we just call it playing matchmaker?" You suggested.

Clint crossed his arms. "I guess that's a pretty good name." He mumbled.

---

"So, Natasha." You approached her as she was pulling out an apple for breakfast.

"So, (Y/N)." She laughed.

"Have you seen Bucky around?"

She shook her head. "N-nope."

You shrugged, trying to figure out how to work in him to the conversation. "I heard he was looking for you."

"Oh?" She asked, not looking at you, and took a bite of her apple.

"Yeah, Clint said he had to ask you something." You winked, but she didn't see that.

"Do you know what he was going to ask?"

You laughed a little. "I think Bucky has a thing for you." You nudged her arm.

She chuckled. "Yeah, sure."

You shook your head and walked over to the fridge. "No, really, Natasha." You started to think of ways to convince her. "I mean, he just looks at you a different way. And I don't think you realize it."

Natasha shook her head this time. "I think he looks at me differently because of all the times he has almost killed me."

You rolled your eyes. "Just think about it, okay?"

As soon as you walked out, Natasha burst out laughing and went to her room to get ready for her date.

She ran into Wanda as she was laughing. Wanda just shook her head with a smile. "When are you going to tell them?"

"I figured it would be fun to let them figure it out on their own." Natasha took another bite of her apple and continued to walk to her room with a sarcastic smile on her face.

Clint was trying to do the same thing as you- but with Bucky.

"Are you and Nat together?" Clint asked- he wasn't as subtle about it as you were.

Bucky was taken back by this but looked at Clint like he was crazy. "Uh, nope." He shrugged. "Why?"

"Awe, damn," Clint said. "I really thought you two were; you'd be great together. Now I owe (Y/N) twenty dollars." He groaned.

Bucky forced a laugh. "Sorry, man."

"What do you think about Natasha?" Clint moved his eyebrows. Bucky noticed how he was beginning to sound like you- and got an idea of what was going on. But he went with it; Natasha said it would be funny to see how you would try to push them together.

"She's cool, I guess." He shrugged. "Killer fighter. Ha! See what I did there? I made a joke!"

Clint clapped sarcastically. "Wow, good job! I'll go tell Natasha for you; maybe then she'd be wooed, and you two would get together!" Clint ran out to find you, and Bucky burst out laughing when he left. He had to get ready for his date.

Clint went to find you. "He shows like, no interest in her." He sighed.

"I think I got Natasha to think about it." You winked and started to tease Clint that you were better at something than he was. "Take that!" You stuck your tongue out.

"You know, this is the one thing I'm okay with you being better at. I don't want to be the 'matchmaker' of the team." Clint laughed.

You rolled your eyes. "When they get together, I'm going to tell you I told you so."

"I wouldn't expect anything less." Clint ruffled your hair.

"Do you think we should tell them?" Bucky asked his date. "You know, get them off our backs?"

Natasha shrugged. "Can we send them a photo of us kissing?" She winked. "It'd send (Y/N) insane."

Bucky held up his wine to touch glasses. "I think that is a perfect idea, doll."

They were at a fancy restaurant, so when Natasha held out her phone to the side of the table and kissed her boyfriend that sat across from her, she got some weird looks.

"Oh my gosh!" You squealed, looking at your phone.

"What?"

"I got a text from Nat that says "six months" with a picture..." You unlocked your phone to see the photo.

Tony and Steve both jumped. "Did you hear that? Was that a scream?" Tony asked, worried.

Steve shook his head with a smile. "I bet Bucky and Natasha just told (Y/N) and Clint that they're dating." He shrugged.

"Oh, it was a (Y/N) scream...DATING?" Tony yelled.

Well, at least you saw the fluffiness of how they acted towards one another.