Here To Help - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 1206
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Featuring: May Parker
Warnings: mentions death and sadness, dialogue-heavy
Requested by anon
Summary: Peter's very upset about Ben's death and you show up to help. With your genius plan, you decide to take him swimming and cut it close with being caught.
Author's Note: It starts out talking about Ben's death, but I did not focus on it much. Much more fluff-focused.

*Edited*

---

"Hey, Peter," You knocked on his door.

"Hi." He said quietly.

"How have you been?" You asked.

"Recently, horrible. Right now, I'm a little better since you're here." He smiled slightly.

"Well, I'm glad that I'm already helping." You sat down next to him on his bed.

"Thanks for coming over; it's been tough." He side.

"I miss him too, Peter." You told him. "And so does May; we all loved Ben." You leaned over to hug him.

"I know, he was just, we were really close." Peter sighed. "It's going to be hard without him; I can't even imagine how May feels."

You nodded and gave him another hug. "Want me to help take your mind off things?"

"What do you mean?" Peter looked up at you like you were crazy.

"What I mean is, there's this nice hotel a few blocks away, and they have a swimming pool." You smiled.

"Won't we get caught?"

"Since when was getting caught a worrying yours?" You laughed. "Don't worry, it's dark out; no one will see us. And if they do, I have a plan."

Peter shook his head slightly at you. "You're insane."

"The best of us are."

---

"So, what's your plan?" Peter asked.

"Okay, so the pool isn't closed, but it's late, so not a lot of people are here. See, there's one family." You pointed. "If we walk into the gate like we are supposed to be here, then no one will think we don't belong." You told him.

"Uh, one more thing." Peter interrupted.

"Yeah?"

"We don't have bathing suits." Peter laughed.

"So? Even more fun!"

"Won't that family think we're crazy?" Peter worried.

You chuckled and shook your head. "They'll think we're teenagers just being teenagers."

"You probably have a good point there." Peter shrugged.

"Great! Let's go, then. Just act normal." You smiled.

Peter nodded at you, and you led him to the gate, opened it, and walked in. You picked up two towels from the towel basket. You set them out on two chairs and gestured toward the pool. "Shall we?"

Peter extended his hand for you to take. "We shall."

You grabbed his hand, and you both jumped in the pool, and came up laughing. You realized the family give you a strange look.

"You do realize the pool closes in ten minutes, right?" The dad asked.

You smiled. "Yeah, we're just throwing in some last little bit of fun before we leave."