Five Minutes - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 1257
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff
Warnings: Drinking, mentions of sex
Requested by anon
Summary: At one of Tony Stark's parties, you are approached by a strange person and the only way to get him to leave you alone is to get someone to do a favor for you for five minutes.
Author's Note: In this, you are Tony's friend (not an avenger) attending his party. There's not really a specific time frame but it's after Civil War and Bucky is on the team.

*Edited*

---

You knew you didn't belong at a Tony Stark party. You aren't rich, you aren't powerful, most people have no clue who you are, but you still went. Tony is one of your best friends and has been for many years. You just didn't enjoy the spotlight as he did, and he respected that.

Tony told you it would be a small party for just the team and a few friends, but last minute, he changed everything and invited the whole city. You decided to hang out by the bar for a little while and lightly drink while talking to a few of your friends you met through Tony, which basically meant talking to Natasha while she mixed drinks.

After a while, Natasha went to speak to some other people when you went to sit in the back of the room and look out the window. You had to admit; Tony had a nice view.

You were admiring the beautiful night outside alone, which was comforting. But when a man walked over, you weren't sure what to expect. The optimistic side of you was hoping he would just want to talk civilly at this party that you didn't fit into you, but the more realistic side remembered this was a Tony Stark party, and this man would only annoy you.

The realistic side was right, sadly. His words were slurring, and he was clearly not thinking straight. He was bigger than you; he wouldn't be easy for you to fight off. And no matter how many times you turned him down, he never left.

"It would be soooo much fun to spend the rest of the night with me," He slurred, sitting next to you, touching your side.

"I told you, I do not want to," You told him, not looking at him but still staring out of the window.

"I know you're bored at this party. Make this night matter, baby," He leaned into your side, making you almost fall off where you were sitting.

"That's enough of that!" You squeaked, standing up quickly.

"Come on, baby," The man slurred again, standing up with you, his arm snaking around your waist, "You're here all alone, end the night with someone good."

"Actually," You started, thinking quickly on your feet, "I'm here with my boyfriend!"

"Boyfriend?" The man laughed, "Where?"

"Um," You started to look around the room for someone who seemed to be here alone, without a date. You went with the first guy you saw, "Look; he's right there, long brown hair and a leather jacket," You pointed.

"Oh?" He smirked, "Let's go talk to him!"

You jumped, not expecting that reply. "Hold on, he's really shy, and if we go over there without telling him first, he'll be scared," You lied; you had no idea who this guy was, "Let me go tell him you're coming to see him."

The man laughed and nodded as you walked away quickly and nervously. You were given a weird look when you walked up to where the long-haired man was sitting. "Hi," You quickly introduced yourself, "There's this drunk guy," You turned to point where you left the man, "Who won't leave me alone. To get him off my back, I told him I was here with my boyfriend. It would really mean a lot to me if you would pretend for five minutes to be my boyfriend."

The man nodded, "I'm Bucky."

A huge smile plastered onto your face as you turned around to wave the man over, taking a seat across from Bucky.

"Drunk man who wants to sleep with me, this is my boyfriend, Bucky," You smirked as you watched the man look at Bucky in awe.

"Really? I don't believe you."

"How come?" Bucky asked, "Also, did I hear that you're trying to sleep with the person I love? I would back off and get out of here before you get into some trouble you really don't want to get into," Bucky threatened as he raised his eyebrow.

"Is that a threat?" The man slurred, slamming his hands onto the table between you and your pretend boyfriend.

"If you don't leave them alone, then yes, consider it a threat," Bucky stood up, getting face to face with the rude man.

"Whatever, I can find someone else waaay more fun anyway," The man complained and stomped away.

You let out a deep breath when the man was out of sight. "Thank you so much."

"My pleasure," He nodded, "Are you alright?"

"Yes, just a little shaken up," You told him, "But I should have expected this from one of Tony's parties. I just don't really belong here."

"What do you mean?" Bucky asked.

You shrugged, thinking of a way to respond. "I'm just not the Tony Stark type."

"Not to be rude, but then how are you here?" 

"I'm a really good friend of Tony's," You explained quickly.

"Hold on," Bucky put his hands up, which you realized one had a glove on, "You're that (Y/N)?"

"If you mean the friend of Tony's who doesn't enjoy the spotlight and likes to stay hidden, then yes, that's me," You nodded, "How'd you get into a Tony party?"

Bucky copied your motion and shrugged. "I'm a recent addition to the Avengers."

Your jaw dropped in realization of where the name Bucky was from. You were there when Howard Stark told stories of Steve Rogers (and then you met him years later!) and what it was like in World War II. Then, when you saw the rooms dedicated to Captain America, you learned about his best friend, Bucky Barnes.

"What?" Bucky snapped you out of the trance.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just remembering things," You shook your head, realizing how weird that sounded. "Again, thank you so much for helping me, but if you want me to leave you be-"

"No, don't go," Bucky interrupted, "I mean, I like having your company. You're easy to talk to."

"Then it looks like this night won't be a complete waste after all," You smiled, settling back into your seat.

---

You and Bucky learned things about each other, ranging from favorite colors to stories of Tony and Steve. What you both enjoyed doing was also a topic, and you both had a few things in common. You two were some people that just clicked; it seemed to work out. 

What you didn't realize was that you and Bucky talked throughout the entire rest of the party. And you only recognized that when people began to clear out of the space, but you and Bucky continued talking.

Your phone lit up with a few messages, all of them from Tony.

Tony: I SEE YOU WITH BARNES

Tony: HE'S WITH STEVE!

Tony: just kidding he's all yours.

Tony: ask him out. Has he asked you out yet? You guys should really go out. As much as I don't like him, I know you will.

You laughed a bit and quickly apologized to Bucky to reply to Tony with a simple reply.

(Y/N): Shut up

Bucky had only talked to you for a few hours, but he knew you two had something. He didn't want to let you leave without making sure he would see you again.

"Hey," He caught your attention, "Would you be interested in going to dinner with me tomorrow night?"

This took you by surprise, but when you saw Bucky's beautiful eyes and a small smile, you couldn't resist; not that you wanted to. "I would be honored, Bucky."