Chapter 4

While August was performing, I stood there silent. While Ellis and Kerri danced and threw there hands up, I tried to be as unintrested as possible. I did look at him a few times though, which was a big mistake. In the six months I haven't seen him, he defenitely gotten finer, and I swear his accent gotten stronger. I looked around in the crowd to see all the girls mesmorized by him. I rolled my eyes at that. I looked over to my left to see Trey smiling at me. I smiled back slightly and turned away. It was beyond obvious that Trey wanted me. Just when I thought August was finally done, he brought Kerri on the stage to sing her happy birthday. I guess that was kind of cute. Once he was finished, Me, Kerri and Ellis made our way back up to our V.I.P.

"Damn, that boy can sang!" Ellis said sitting back in his seat. Kerri nodded. "I know, that was amazing right?" Ellis nodded. "Mhm, it sure was, what did you think Simone?" I faced Ellis with a blank face. "Who me? I wasn't even listening." Kerri and Ellis rolled there eyes. "Typical." Ellis said under his breath. I was just about to reply when Ellis cut me off. "Omg, omg, OMG!" He said, rapidly tapping my thigh. "What?!" I said moving his hand. "2'oclock, 2'oclock!!" Me and Kerri looked at each other and frowned. "Speak English." Kerri said. Ellis sucked his teeth.

"Look who's coming up to our V.I.P.!" I turned my attention to the stairs to see August making his way up to us. I crossed my arms and sat back in my seat. "Ooooooooh Simone, he coming for you." I rolled my eyes. "Shutup E." Kerri laughed. "Both of y'all stop, he's almost over here." Ellis and Kerri sat up, while I stayed put. "Happy Birthday ma." August said hugging Kerri. Kerri pulled away from the hug and smiled. "Thank you, Im so glad you came through and performed, it was really good." August nodded. "You welcome, anything for a friend." Kerri smiled again. Ellis cleared his throat loudly.

Kerri sighed and shook her head. "Oh um August, this is one of my bestfriends." She said motioning to Ellis. August smiled slightly and shook his hand. "Mhm, my name is Ellis....but you can call me Ms.Eliza if ya nasty." August chuckled. "No thanks." August turned to me and was silent. Even though I wasn't making eye contact with him, I could feel his eyes all over me.

"Simone....wassup." He said smoothly. I was silent. Kerri sighed. "Simone...he said hi." She said sternly. I rolled my eyes and waved, still not making eye contact with him. "Hi." I said dryly. August nodded. "..How you been?" I sighed. "Don't worry about it." He nodded slowly and cleared his throat. "..Do you mind if we talk for a minute ma?" I scoffed. "Yeah I do mind...ALOT actually." Kerri sighed and turned August back to her. "....Thanks again for coming August." She said giving me the side-eye. He nodded. "Stop thanking me ma, it's cool." I rolled my eyes again. "Well, I hope you enjoy the party, were gunna be cutting the cake soon." August chuckled. "I actually gotta get back on the tour bus, but I had fun being here with y'all." He looked back over at me to see if I was looking, but I looked away.

"Awww, you can't leave right now, atleast stay for a few more minutes." August chuckled. "Ight I guess I got a few more minutes to kill before I leave." "And were will you be going?" Ellis asked. "Atlanta." Ellis nodded. "Great, well enjoy the party and thanks again." August nodded and smiled at all of us. He walked back down the stairs to the first floor. Kerri turned to me and frowned. "That was rude of you." She said. I scoffed. "Did you really expect me to be nice to him? and if anyone should be upset here, it should be me." Ellis laughed. "And why is that?" He asked amused. "You told me he as gunna perform and leave, now he's staying, really?" I said looking at Kerri. She sighed.

"He did me a huge favor Simone, that was the least I could do." I sighed and sat back in my seat. Ellis tapped my shoulder. "What now?" I said facing him. "..Do y'all know her?" He said pointing to the stairs. Me and Kerri turned around to see Stasia making her way up the stairs with a gift." I shook my head. "We sure do, that's Stasia." I said. Ellis' eyes shot all the way open. "Oh yass bitch, I've been waiting for this all night." Ellis tied back his wig with a scrunchie and sat up in his seat. I couldn't help but let out a small giggle.