Chapter 13

I pulled into August's driveway and sighed. This old feeling came over me that was WAY to close for comfort. I checked my hair and makeup in my mirror and thought about how tonight was gunna go. I was slightly nervous because after all that has happened, Im still not 100% comfortable with being alone with him, but whatever, I made a deal, and if he wants a date right now, then I have to deal with it. My phone vibrated in my lap and I had a message from August.

AUGUST(10:01pm)-Be there in a minute.

I sighed and closed the message. How can he tell me to meet him at his house in 20 and be late? I sat back in my seat and closed my eyes. "Lord please let tonight go smoothly." I said outloud. I hoped that this would be the quickest date in history. A bright light shined behind me, causing me to open my eyes. "God, he's here." I said to myself. I took a deep breath and stuffed my phone in my back pocket and got out the car. "Hey you." August said with half a smile. I folded my arms across my chest and nodded. "Hey." August hit the locks on his car and began to walk down the cobblestone pathway, leading to his front door. He stopped in his tracks one he noticed I wasn't following him.

"You coming?" He asked in a laugh. "...Yeah." I took a deep breath and followed him to his door. I stood behind him in slience as he unlocked it. "After you." He said pushing the door open. I rolled my eyes a little and stepped inside. Everything was the same since the last time I've been here. "You can sit in the living room, I'll be there in a minute." I nodded my head and walked into the living room, taking a seat on the couch, the same place where we used to watch TV together. I shook my head trying to repress our old memories, but being here in his house just made everything worse. "You want something to drink?" August asked as he tied his sweatpants around his waist. "No thanks, Im good." I sat back and waited for him to join me.

August grabbed a soda from the fridge and took a seat beside me on the couch. "Why can't you ever keep a shirt on?" I asked in a sigh. August shrugged. "It's my house, remember? I think I told you that before." I rolled my eyes knowing exactly what he was talking about. "Well when you have company don't you think you should cover up?" August sipped his soda and nodded his head. "When I have company, of course, but your not company technically..you seen me naked already." I scoffed. "Whatever." I folded my arms across my chest and sighed. "So how was your date?"

August smiled. "My fake date?" I nodded. "It was ight, Ariana's a cool female....she hella sexy to." I nodded slowly. "Oh...so your attracted to her?" August frowned. "I mean she's bad as hell and has a nice body so yeah." I cleared my throat. "I see." "But." He started. "Im only interested in fixin us, so can we talk about you and me on our date and not Ariana?" I sighed. "So this is our first date." I asked motioning to around us. August smirked. "Yeah, Since I did you that favor, I didn't have time to set up anything for tonight, so we can just chill." I nodded. "Alright." August chuckled. "You good with that?" "Yup." I stood up and motioned for August to follow me. "Where you goin?" I smirked. "It's been six months since I've been here, catch me up and give me a tour."

He stood up and smirked. "I did some re-arranging in my bedroom, you wanna see it?" I folded my arms across my chest and gave him the side-eye. "Do you really want me to see your new room or are you just tryin to get me in your bedroom?" August smiled. "Both." He walked passed me, and over to his bedroom door. "Come." He said walking inside. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Control your hormones Simone." I said to myself. It had been six long months without any action and I didn't want to do anything I would regret. I turned around and walked into his bedroom. I sat on the edge of the bed and looked around. "..Impressive." August chuckled. "You like it?" "Yeah, everything is neater, and your furniture is nicer." He smiled. "I know, check out the closet to, yo boy movin on up." I shook my head and walked over to the closet.