Chapter 26

I sat on the edge of the bed and slipped on my heels. I fluffed my hair in the mirror, and grabbed my purse that was sitting beside me. I didn't know how I was gunna get August alone, but Ellis told me just to play it by ear. I sat back down on the bed and took a deep breath. Lowkey, I was really nervous about this. I didn't know what August would say when he saw me and more importantly, I didn't know if he would be mad or happy. But what I did know was that I needed to do this for myself. I needed to know if we were really over for good or not.

I tapped my finger on the pillow beside me, waiting for Kerri and Ellis to knock on my door. We all were suppose to meet up and make our way down to the party and try to get in. "Hoepfully this works." I said to myself. All of a sudden, I felt a slight vibration coming from my purse. I pulled my phone out to see Trey's name flashed across my screen. I sighed and decided on answering it, I had to face him sooner or later.

ME: "Hello?"

TREY: "Ahhh so you are alive."

I chuckled a little.

ME: "Yeah....sorry...I know I haven't been answering your calls."

TREY: "Mhm, and why is that exactly? I haven't heard from you since..well you know."

I swalloed hard.

ME: "...I know, uh, Im sorry...I've been a little busy."
TREY: "It's cool, can I see you tonight?"

ME: "....Tonight's not good."

TREY: "..Alright, what about tommorow night?"

I sighed. I knew I was gunna have to tell him where I was and what I was doing.

ME: "I can't tommorow either.....actually this whole week is probably bad."

Trey cleared his throat.

TREY: "Am I missin something here Simone? Why you blowin me off?"

ME: "No, no Im not tryin to blow you off....look, Im not in New York right now.....Im in Florida."

TREY: "Florida? What you doing all the way over there??"

I was quiet for a minute.

ME: " .......Kerri and Ellis wanted to have a little girls time, so we decided on coming to Florida..you know for the beaches and stuff."

I shut my eyes, hating myself for lying.

TREY: "Oh, that's straight, you could have just started off with that you know."

He chuckled.

ME: "...Yeah, sorry...I should be back in a few days....maybe we could do something then.."

TREY: "Of course, just call me when you get back."

ME: "Okay..I will."

I ended the call and took a deep breath. I hate myself for lying to Trey, but I couldn't hurt him like that. Besides, if August and I are really over, then telling him would have been a complete waste of time. I dropped my phone back in my purse, when there was a knock at the door. I turned to the mirror and straightned out my dress (EXTERNAL LINK) and answered the door.

"You ready?" Kerri asked with a bright smile. I nodded. "Yeah...Im ready...where's Ellis?" "He's waiting downstairs with our car, he had to call his boo thang and let him know we were coming through." I chuckled. "Alright well, let's go."

****************************************************

As soon as we stepped inside the club, the smell of weed and liqour instantly filled our nostrils. "Damn girl, it's really packed in here." Ellis said looking around at all the men. "I know." I scanned the room looking for any signs of August or Ariana, but I didn't see them. I huffed a little wondering where the hell could they be.