Chapter 30

I parked in August's driveway and made my way to the front door. I unlocked the door, hoping that today would go as smoothly as yesterday, but something told me it wasn't gunna be that easy. I walked inside and shut the door softly behind me. "August! Im here!" I semi-yelled as I dropped my bag my the door. I walked straight to his bedroom and frowned when he wasn't there. I looked down at his messy bed that had clearly been laid in, and started to get more confused. He hardly could walk around on his crutches, so he had to be in the house.

I cheked the kitchen, the gym and the pool, but he wasn't there either. I walked towards the living room to see him chilling out on the balconly, smoking. I took a deep breath and opened up the sliding door. "Hey...I've been looking for you." I said taking a seat next to him. "Well you found me ma." He mumbled. "...Smoking I see." August nodded. "Have you been out here all day??" I asked looking around. August shrugged. "Ion noe and Ion really care either." I nodded slowly and got up from my seat. "Ima go make you something, so you can take your meds." August blew out a puff of smoke and gave me a head nod. "Ight.." He said lowly.

I walked into the kitchen, looking for something to whip together real quick. I opened up the fridge and scanned it, looking for anything that wouldn't take long, I really just needed to get in and out. "Damn....he has no food in here...no wonder he's so damn skinny." I mumbled. I reached into the back out the fridge and pulled out a carton of eggs. "Scrambled eggs it is." I said closing the fridge. I turned on the stove and placed a skillet on the eye, when there was a knock at the door.

I looked back at August who was still smoking away on the balcony and sighed. "He decides to have visitors now?" I walked out to the front door and opened it. "MGK???" I asked confused. I stood there stunned as hell. "Simone..hey...it's nice to see you again." I looked back in the house before closing the door behind me. "Yeah...what are you doing here?" I asked folding my hands across my chest. "Business...and something a little personal." I frowned. "Okay first, what business? I didn't know you and August were working together and what personal business could you have with him??" He rubbed his chin and sighed. "We have no business together yet, but that's why Im here..I've been trying to contact him for two weeks now, trying to get him on a song, but he hasn't been taking nobody's calls."

I nodded. "He had a accident and he's been recovering, he really can't work right now." MGK nodded. "Ight...can you let him know I stopped by and to call when's he feeling better." "Sure." I put my hand on the knob, getting ready to go back inside when MGK's voice stopped me. "Simone wait." I turned back around, waiting for him to speak. "Now for the other reason I'm here." I frowned, wondering where he was going with this. "I came by your shop today to speak to you, but your friends told me you were here." "What did you need to see me for?" I asked carefully. MGK took a deep breath before talking. "It's Stasia." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"And why are you coming to me about her? Shouldn't you be talking to one of her actual friends??" "I would, but I think your the only person what could help." I was silent, waiting for him to continue. "Her father pasted away." My eyes got wide. "What? When?" He sighed. "Three days ago, and it's been really hard on her." I nodded slowly. "Yeah Im sure...she was always worried about the cancer taking him away from her, and now it has." I took and deep breath and shook my head. "She hasn't been the same...she's been real distant and she can't even take care of our daughter like she usually does." I was silent.

"I've been telling her to go talk to someone, like a therapsit, so you know she can straighten out her feelings and shit, but I know she's not." I nodded. "She only told a few people about her dad, so I doubt she'll go talk to anyone." "That's why I need you...I know you guys aren't friends anymore, but she could really use someone in her corner right now, she's already pushed me out and ion know what to do." I thought for a minute and sighed. "Look, I'll think about it alright? I can't really guarantee if I'll talk to her or not...it depends on how I feel." MGK nodded. "Alright, I guess that's fair, but if you do thanks...and don't forget to tell August I stopped by...I'm glad to see y'all doing well."