Chapter 31

Today was my last day with August. Suprisingly we made it through the rest of the week with no problems. Once I found out the real problem behind Augusts' attitude, everything seemed to be fine after that. I started to spend a few extra hours with him, whenever I didn't have anything planned with Trey. I grabbed my bag and locked up my office. "Going to see your bae?" Ellis asked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. "You know it's nothing like that." Ellis chuckled. "I know, I know, but you know me girl, I always gotta come with the jokes." I laughed. "True, call me if y'all need anything and don't forget to lock up." Ellis nodded and waved me off.

I threw my bag in the passenger seat and got inside the car. Once I got settled, I felt a vibration coming from my pants pocket. I wiggled it out to see Ariana calling me. I sighed before answering.

ME: "Hello?"

ARIANA: "Simone hey, did you make it to Augusts' yet?"

ME: "No, Im just leaving the boutique, why wassup?"

ARIANA: "Good. Im glad your not there yet. I need to ask you something and I don't want August to know just yet."

I frowned.

ME: "What is it...?"

ARIANA: "You've been doing such a good job with August and I've been working really hard for a reason...I was trying to fly my mom,dad and sister out to New York for Christmas."

ME: "Oh okay...that's nice..."

ARIANA: "Yeah, but they told me today that they won't be able to fly out in time."

I was silent, waiting on her to continue.

ARIANA: "I know it's like a week before christmas and really short notice, but since Im spending Christmas here in New York with August, I kinda wanna go back home and spend a few days with my family."

ME: "So you need to to do...?"

ARIANA: "Can you spend next week giving August all of his meds? I was really hoping you could cover for me."

I sighed.

ME: "Yeah sure..I guess I could."

Ariana took a sigh of relief.

ARIANA: "Thanks so much again, I'll drop the rest of them off later...and when you go see August, don't mention this to him...I wanna be the one to tell him."

ME: "Yeah Alright sure."

I hung up the phone and sighed. I understand that Ariana wanted some time with her family but she also had a responsibility with August. I shook my head and started up the car. I tried to clear my mind as I drove, knowing that August couldn't know about this just yet.

**************************************************

I slid my key in the door and stepped inside. "August, Im here." I said kicking my uggs off at the door. I walked into the living room where August was spread out on the couch. "Wassup ma, your just in time too, Boyz in the hood is about to come on." I chuckled. "Okay cool, just let me go make you something really quick." "Ight, there should be some leftovers Ariana made for me lastnight, and something for you too." I frowned. "Something for me?? Im not hungry." August chuckled. "Just go get it alright?" He smiled at me and put his focus back on the TV set.

I walked into the kitchen and went straight to the fridge. I scanned the inside and pulled out the container with Augusts' name. I was just about to close the fridge when I noticed a envelope sitting inside. "The hell?" I mumbled. I grabbed the envelope to see my name written across itin sharpie. I sat Augusts food in the microwave and ripped on the envelope. "Oh my god." I said lowly. 100 dollar bills came flooding out of the envelope and down to the ground. I bent over, picking up all the falling cash, wondering how much was actually in there.