Chapter 19

I unlocked the front door to my house and sighed. I dropped my bookbag at the door and lifted a brow. "...Its too quiet in here." I mumbled. "Mom..Dad!!" I shouted. I walked further into the house, looking for my parents, but there was no sign of them. I shrugged it off and made my way to the kitchen. I poured myslef a glass of juice and walked into my bedroom, preparing myself for the noise my parents were gunna make when they finally came home.

I sat in the middle of my bed, staring out the window at the house across from mine, Augusts' house to be more exact. I looked straight into his window, which was his bedroom also. There he was sitting on his bed writing something, most likely music. I smirked a little to myself thinking about how that's all he ever did. I reached over and lifted up my window, I stuck my head out and smiled.

"Writing music again huh?" I semi-yelled to his window. He looked up at me and smiled."Yeah like always, wassup ma?" I smirked. "Nothing, just got home....I didn't see you in school today..." August nodded. "I've been writin, that's why." I nodded slowly. "And that stopped you from coming to school?" August chuckled. "Yeah, Im writin some good shit." I chuckled and shook my head. "Im sure you are." August smiled. "I see you checkin for me tho." I frowned. "Just because I noticed you weren't here today, doesn't mean Im checkin for you, your funny." August nodded and chuckled. "Ight."

I lifted up to close my window, but Augusts' voice stopped me. "You busy right now?" I shook my head. "No..why?" August smirked. "You wanna come over and hear what I got so far?" I smirked. "Maybe next time." He nodded. "Ight fine, next time you gotta come though." I smiled. "I will." I closed my window and shut the blinds. I sat back on my bed with half a smile. It was kinda strange how friendly we were with one another. I always found it so strange how one of the most popular dudes at my school was my neighboor. Half of the girls in my class would die to have his attention, let alone live beside him.

Even though we've been neighboors for a few years, it still felt strange to talk to him. He was always so nice to me , making me feel like it was always something more between us, but I would be crazy to believe that. Im pretty sure it's because our moms had a good relationship and we were basically around each other all the time. I layed back in bed, caught up in my thoughts, when I heard faint crying from my sister's room next door. I looked up at my clock and frowned. "School isn't over for her yet." I mumbled. I climbed out of my bed slowly and grabbed my wodden bat that was sitting in the corner of my room.

I walked next door into my sister's room and tried not to make a sound. I listened closely to the crying, trying to figure out where it was coming from. I turned my attention to her closet door and approached it slowly. I placed my hand on the knob, holding my bat with my other hand, preparing it for a swing. I took a deep breath and pulled the door open fast, clutching onto my bat, getting ready to hit whoever was inside of it. I looked down to see my sister huddled in the corner, crying her eyes out. I dropped the bat to the ground and immediately got on the floor with her.

"Kelsey??? Are you ok? What's wrong??" I looked her up and down and examined her body to see if she was hurt."How long have you been in this closet??" I asked confused. She sniffled and wiped her nose. "Since mom and dad left for work this morning.." I sighed. "You've been in here all day??" She nodded. "..So you didn't go to school today??" She shook her head no. I sighed again. "What's going on? Why are you hiding?" I sat down next to her in the closet and pulled her into me. "Im scared." She mumbled into my shirt. "Scared of what?" She wiped her eyes and sighed. "Of dad." I frowned. "Are you talking about what happened last night?" She nodded. My mom and dad always argued with one another, but last night things got really intense. My dad came home, apparently high off some drug and bursted into the house picking a fight with my mom over a few dirty dishes.