Chapter 10

"Trey??" Me and Ellis asked at the same time. Kerri nodded. "He's a Private Investirgator remember???" Ellis smirked. "Oooh I see where your going with this." I frowned. "Ok well somebody clue me in, because Im still lost." Kerri sighed and faced me. "Trey can keep and eye on August on these dates, and make sure he's not misbehaving." I nodded slowly. "Keep and eye on him..as in follow him??" Kerri nodded. My eyes shot open. "Stalker much? what if he finds out about it? August would think im crazy." Ellis scoffed. "Chile I rather be crazy than stupid." He said looking down at his nails. "I know that's right." Kerri added. I sat back in my chair and thought a minute. ".....Call him." I said sternly. Kerri smiled widely and began to dial Trey's number.

THE NEXT DAY

I paced my office back and forth waiting for my que. I knew that Ariana would be here in any minute, waiting on me to give her the news about her date with August. I sat down in my office chair and took a deep breath. I had everything in order so I didn't know why I was so nervous. I closed my eyes, tryingto relax, when there was a knock at the door. "Come in." I said in a sigh. I opened my eyes to see Trey in the doorway. I smiled slightly and motioned for him to come inside.

"Hey..Im glad you could make it." I said as I sat up in my chair. Trey nodded. "Of course, Kerri said you needed me, so im here..wassup." I took a deep breath, getting ready to try to explain this situation WITHOUT sounding crazy. "Ok look, I kinda need a favor from you." Trey nodded slowly. "What kind of favor?" He asked with a smirk. "Your a Private Investagtor..right?" Trey chuckled. "Yeah, Im just like the guy from cheaters, just on a more professional level, no big deal." I smiled. "Ok well I need your services." Trey looked at me in question. "How can I benefit you?" He asked leaning back in the chair.

"I need you to follow my ex." I blurted out. After realizing what I said, I wish I could have slapped myself for it. I knew exactly how it sounded, crazy as hell. Trey cleared his throat and sat up from his seat. "Excuse me??" I sighed. "Ok remember the first night we met, and told you that whole story about me and my ex August?" Trey nodded. "Alright well, the other day we went out to lunch to try to build a friendship again and I had to leave the shop in the hands of Kerri and Ellis." Trey chuckled. "Oh god, and what happened?" I sighed and shook my head. "The question is, what DIDN'T happen. The shop was a train wreck when I made it back here and it was the day of our state inspection."

Trey nodded and motioned for me to continue. "The lady that does our inspection basically hates us because of Ellis and she's been doing everything in her power to shut us down, but she won't under one condition." Trey smirked. "And what is that?" He asked curiously. "That she gets a date with my ex, August." Trey nodded his head slowly and rubbed his chin. I guess he was trying to process everything that I just told him. "....And you want me to follow August??" I nodded. "I know it sounds slightly crazy, but it's not I promise." Trey chuckled and folded his arms. "Im listening." I looked down in my lap, trying to gather my words together. "Ok." I started. "I just need to know if he's gunna behave himself or not.....especially if he's trying to get back with me."

Trey smiled. "I get it, I get it......fine, I'll do it." I smile widely. "Thank you so much Trey, how much does this type of thing cost??" I said looking around for my purse. Trey chuckled and put his hand up. "Don't worry about it, this one's on the house." I smiled slighty. "Thanks." Trey fanned me off. "Of course, but listen, how do I know what this girl looks like?" I got up from my seat and nodded. "Right, uh she should be here any minute now to confirm her date with August, just act like your shopping when she get's here and get a good look at her, then I'll tell you where there going later." Trey nodded and got up from his seat. "Alright, let's see how this goes." I smiled and nodded.

"Simone." I turned my attention to the door to see Kerri's face. I rose my brows at her, giving her all my attention. "Showtime." I took a deep breath and nodded. I turned back aorund to Trey and sighed. "She's here." Trey nodded and walked over to the door, holding it open. "After you."I adjusted my top and skirt and walked through the door, placing a fake smile on my face, while walking over to Ariana. Trey disappeared to the other side of the shop, making sure he got a good view of me.

"Hey Ariana, how are you?" Ariana looked me up and down and rolled her eyes. "Im fine, you?" I nodded. "Can't complain." Ariana fixed her hair and put her hand up. "Enough of the small talk, lets get to business, did you get my date with August??" I nodded. "Tommorow night at 8." Ariana smiled widely. "Great, where are we going?" I sighed. "The Ivy." I rolled my eyes a little, thinking about how August just took me there. "You really came through Simone....I guess I won't be closing this place down...just yet." She winked at me and walked out the shop. I sighed and rubbed my temples. What the hell was I doing??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A little slow I know, but its coming just wait on it .

Vote/Comment!!