Chapter 39.2

"Wassup?" I asked folding my arms across my chest. "...First of all, thanks for the gifts." I nodded. "It's Christmas August, you don't have to thank me." August chuckled. "Nah, I do....thanks for coming out tonight too, I really wanted to see you." He said looking me up and down. "Well I was invited." August nodded. "....I know." He walked up a little closer to me and leaned over to my right ear. "I like that dress." I chuckled.

"Is that what you brought me out here for?" He shook his head. "Nah, actually, I wanted to give you this." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out small gift bag. "What's this suppose to be?" I asked taking it from him. "Another one of your Christmas gifts, I couldn't give it to you infront of Ariana." I frowned and opened up the bag slowly. I reached my fingers inside and pulled out a roll of money. "Really August?" I said in a sigh. He smiled. "That's the money I was trying to give you last time, so now it's a gift, and you can't refuse a gift." I chuckled and dropped the roll of cash in my purse.

"Thanks." I said with a smile. "Your welcome...but there's more." He said motioning to the bag. I reached my hand back inside and pulled out a diamond bracelet. My eyes immediately grew wide. "Is this real?" I asked staring at it. August chuckled. "Don't try me, of course it's real ma." I shook my head and dropped the bracelet back in the bag. "I can't except that, not while im with Trey." Augusts sighed. "It's a gift, you can't refuse it." "I can when it's diamonds, that another man is giving me." He was silent. I took a deep breath an sat the bag beside us.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest. "....Cause it's Christmas?" He said confused. "No, I mean why are you doing all of this?" I said motioning to the gift bag. "I told you that today you needed to have a answer, and it seems like your trying to avoid the actual matter at hand." August took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Do you have an answer August?" I asked growing impatient.

"After last night, Im not sure." I frowned. "What happened last night?" "Ariana told me she was starting to fall for me.." My frowned deepened. "And what did you say??" He shrugged. "..I didn't know what to say, I ain't wanna lie to her cause I know I don't feel that way about her." I sighed. "Okay, so what's so hard about letting her ass go then?" "I do like her Simone damn, it's just that ima be a real asshole if I break up with her now, after she told me all that." I threw my hands up and sighed.

"Fuck all of that August, I told you you needed to make a decison and that's what I meant, so right here and right now, tell me what you want." "But-" "There's not buts August, tell me NOW." I folded my arms across my chest beyond annoyed. He stood there rubbing his chin, silent. "Alright, you know what, Im done, I can't keep doing this back and forth shit with you." I snatched the little gift bag off the table and spun around. August grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Wait ma, holup." I snatched my arm away from him and shook my head. "No, Im done waiting, Im tired of waiting." Just then there was a slight knock on the balcony door. I looked over to see Tyrese stepping outside.

"Sorry....am I interrupting something?" I shook my head. "No, we were just finished." I said looking at August. "Can I talk to you Simone, it's important." I nodded. "Oh yeah right, Im sorry."I walked off the balcony, not looking back at August once. I followed Tyrese into the kitchen, where it was empty. "Wassup?" Is said in a sigh. "Who's that girl over there?" He said motioning over to the side. I glanced over in the direction and frowned. "Ariana?" Tyrese nodded, trying not to make eye contact with her. "....That's Augusts' girlfriend, why?" I asked confused. "How long have you know her??" I frowned. "She's a state inspector.....she used to come inspect my boutique...why are you asking so many questions??"

Tyrese cleared his throat and stepped closer to me. "When I was working with Jahkeem, I was in his office one day and I saw a picture of her." "What?" I whisper-yelled. Tyrese nodded. "He had a file of people that was close to you, Im guessing he was planning to go after one of them." I glanced over at Ariana and then at Tyrese. "Do you think she's the one that's been giving Jahkeem info?" Tyrese shrugged. "I can't say for sure, but it does make alot of sense." I stood there quiet, unsure of what to do. "So what do we do??" Tyrese sighed. "Don't act any different around her, make sure you tell August and I'll think of a plan." I nodded. "Alright, thanks Tyrese."