Chapter 11

I woke up to a loud vibration under my pillow. I slipped my right hand under my pillow, keeping my eyes closed the whole time. I grabbed my phone and brought it to eye level. "8:30?" I said lowly. Trey's name flashed across my screen. Even though I hated be woken up early on my day off, I knew it had to be something important if Trey was calling this early. I rolled over in bed and answered the phone.

ME: "Hello?"

TREY: "Hey, did I wake you?"
I chuckled slightly.

ME: "Yeah, but it's alright, wassup?"

Trey sighed.

TREY: "I can't make it tonight, I got put on another case."

I pushed my hair away from my face and sat up in bed.

ME: "What? And you can't get out of it??"
TREY: "Im afraid not, my boss is not bulging."

I sighed.

ME: ".....Great.....well thanks for calling me."

TREY: "No problem, if you need me again, just let me know."

ME: "I will."

I slid the bar over ending the call. Now what was I gunna do? I didn't have anybody else to watch August on this date tonight. I was all out of options. I plopped my head back on my pillow, hating this whole situation.

4 HOURS LATER

"I say you call another P.I." Kerri said as she scanned the wall of nail polishes. Ellis sucked his teeth. "Forget that, we can call my cousin Loshanda, she'll do it." Kerri laughed. "Simone don't need none of your ghetto ass family members helping her, you must want her to get caught." Ellis smacked his lips. "Just cause she been to jail a few times, don't make her ghetto." I shook my head and chuckled as I watched the woman painting my toes. "I don't know what to do y'all,I guess I just have to let them go out tonight and hope for the best."

Ellis sucked his teeth. "Now you know damn well you just ain't gon sit around in your house while your man goes out with this broad." I sighed. "He isn't my man." Ellis fanned me off. "Talk some sense into this child please." He said looking over at Kerri. Kerri sighed. "As much as I hate to say this, Ellis is right." She grabbed a polish off the rack, and took a seat in one of the chairs next to us. "You know your not gunna rest until you know EXACTLY what happens on that date tonight." "I know." I mumbled. "So." Kerri started. "Can you just call another P.I? Im sure we can get someone else from the same agency as Trey." I shook my head.

"No, hell no, why would I do that???" Ellis chuckled. "Because yo ass is desperate." I cut my eyes and Ellis and looked away. "No really, why?" Kerri chuckled. "What other options do you have Simone?" I shrugged. "I don't know, but what I do know is that Im NOT calling another P.I, It's bad enough that I had to look crazy as hell infront of Trey, I'll be damned if I look crazy infront of someone I don't even know." Ellis laughed. "Girl you is crazy! stop playing with me." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I just don't know what to do." I leaned back into the chair and tried to relax. All of a sudden I felt a subtle vibration coming from my purse. I searched through my bag and pulled out my phone.

"It's August." I said looking at Kerri and Ellis. "Don't just stare at they damn phone gurl, answer it!" Ellis exclaimed. I took a deep breath and slid the answer bar over.

ME: "Hello?"
AUGUST: "Wassup kid."

I smiled slightly.

ME: "Nothing much, getting pedicures with my friends."
August chuckled.

AUGUST: "Somebody actually touchin yo nasty ass feet? Damn, there is a god."

I laughed.

ME: "Whatever, did you call me just to insult me?"
AUGUST: "Nah, actually I was calling to see what you was doing later."

I frowned a little.

ME: "What Im doing later??"
I glanced over at Ellis and Kerri, who were already enganged in our conversation.

AUGUST: "Yeah, why you said it like that?"

ME: "Uh no reason..but um...don't you kinda have plans tonight?"

August chuckled .

AUGUST: "You know Im doin you that favor tonight, but I meant after that."
I swalloed hard.

ME: ".....After? I Uh, I don't have any plans I don't think."

Kerri and Ellis both smiled and gave me a look.

AUGUST: "Ight good, I was thinking we could do our first date tonight."

I sighed and thought a minute.

ME: ....Alright..fine, we can do that."

AUGUST: "Ight, i'll call you once Im done tonight."

ME: "Alright."

I slid the bar over and faced a smiling Kerri and Ellis. "Ok so what happened, tell me!" Kerri said as she tapped my thigh. "He wants to go on a date tonight." Ellis scoffed. "He wants a date after he finishes up with Ariana??" I nodded. Ellis shook his head. "Mmm, he just nasty.....I like nasty." I rolled my eyes and faced Kerri. "So why don't you seem excited." I shrugged. "I dunno, I don't really know how to feel." Kerri nodded. "You gon know how to feel after tonight, I can tell you that much." Ellis said. I sighed. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Simone and August together to the right >>>>>>

Vote/Comment!!