Chapter 9

"Ellis, come in." I said walking back into my office. I sat down in my chair as I heard the door close beind me. "What the hell were you thinking??" I asked loudly. Ellis sighed. "Girl Im so sorry, things got a little out of hand yesterday." "A little? Ariana is on my ass now about this place! I had to compromise with her just so she wouldn't report us." Ellis nodded. "And that's not good?" I sighed and rubbed my temples. "It's what I had to compromise that's not."

Ellis frowned at me and took a seat infront of my desk. "She ain't ask you to do some freak shit did she??" He reached out for my hand and held it. "No of course not." I said in a sigh. Ellis rubbed the top of my hand. "Well what is it girl??" I took a deep breath and slowly released it. "She wants a date with August." Ellis eyes grew wide as he snatched his hand away from mine. "What?? Oh hell nah, I know you said no to that shit." I sat there silent. "...You did say no..right?" I sighed. "Bitch are you crazy? You agreed to the shit??" I nodded a little. "Well what the hell did you want me to do? I had to promise SOMETHING." Ellis sighed. "You pratically lettin this hoe take your man."

"Like you took hers?" I asked raising a brow. Ellis shook his head and held up one hand. "I didn't take her man I borrowed him remember? Besides, this isn't about me, this is about you." I sighed and cleared my throat. "Look everything will be fine, besides August is NOT my man." Ellis sucked his teeth. "Girl you ain't foolin nobody, he may not be your man as of now, but we all know y'all bound to get back together." I frowned. "And why is that??" I leaned back in my chair, waiting for a answer. Ellis chuckled. "You love that man, so girl bye, It's all in your eyes every time he comes around." I shook my head. "That's not true." "It is." There was silence between us for a few seconds.. Honestly, I didn't know how I felt about August. My feeling were all over the place when I thought about him, but I couldn't deny that I still had feelings for him.

".....So have you asked him yet..?" I nodded. "Oooh chile, and what did he say?" He asked crossing his legs and leaning into me. "He agreed, they have a date Saturday." Ellis smiled widely. "What?" I asked confused. "Under what condition?" He asked in a sly tone. I frowned a little. "Why does there have to be a condition??" Ellis smacked his lips together and faced me. "Cause chile, no man THAT FINE is gon agree to date another girl for there EX if there wasn't anything in it for them." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Ellis' face lit up, he stood up and did a little dance. "Ooooh, I knew it! I knew it! he wants to get freaky aint it??!" I shook my head.

"What? No, that wasn't the agreement." Ellis frowned a little and sat back down. "Well damn, what was it then??" "That he gets five dates with me." Ellis smiled. "Ooooh yassss, I KNOW y'all gon get freaky on one of them dates." I put my hand up and sighed. "No, no were not." Ellis nodded. "That's what you say now, but wait until you get alone with all that caramel....mmm girl Im getting hot just thinking about it." He said fanning himself. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Whatever, nothing's going down and that's a promise." Ellis gave me the side-eye.

"So wassup with this date thing with Ariana, when is this going down??" I sighed. "Ariana's coming back tommorow to see when her date is...And I'll tell her it's Saturday..I guess I'll just pick a time and and then let August know." Ellis nodded slowly. "Girl, I can't believe that's really gunna happen." I sighed.
Well believe it." "Do you even trust him to go on a date with Ariana?" I furrowed my brows a little. "What do you mean??" Ellis sighed. "I mean, as much as I don't like Ariana....she is attractive." I nodded. "Yeah she is, so??" Ellis sighed again. "Simone, this is the SAME nigga that slept with your bestfriend, do you really think he can keep things strictly platonic with that hoe??" I looked down at my lap and thought a minute. Ellis did make a valid point.

If I couldn't even trust August to bring my friend home safely, how could I trust him to escort this lady on a date without tryna smash her? I shook my head and looked back up at Ellis. "Your right....shit, do you think he would try something???" Ellis shrugged. "I dunno girl, but never say never. Besides, the last thing we need to be in is MORE mess with Ariana." I nodded slowly. "True." I sat quietly trying to think of what I could possibly do to make sure August kept his hands to himself, but I thought of nothing. "What do I do?" I said looking back at Ellis. Ellis smirked a little and stood up. "Time to bring out the big guns." He walked over tot he door and opened it. "Kerri! We need you girl!" He walked back over to his seat and sat down.

A few seonds later Kerri entered my office, closing the door behind her. "What's up? There's customers out there." I nodded. "This is just gon take a second." Ellis said patting the chair next to him. Kerri took a seat and faced me. "....Look, I promised Ariana a date with August, if she didn't report what happened here yesterday." Kerri looked shocked. "You did what? Are you crazy??" I sighed. "Ellis said all that already, I just need you to help me think." Kerri nodded. "Think of what?" She asked in a curious tone. "I need to think of a way to make sure that August keeps his hands, lips and his little man to himself on this "date". Kerri nodded. "Do you really think he would try something though Simi?" I shrugged. "Why the hell wouldn't he?? He was probably tryin anything and everything the night smashed that hoe Stasia." Ellis added. I cringed a little to myself, thinking about them being together in that way.

Kerri rolled her eyes. "What do you think Simone?" I bit my botton lip and shrugged. "I honestly don't know what to think, I just wanna make sure that NOTHING happens." Kerri nodded. she leaned back in her seat and thought a minute. "....Hmm, I dunno, this is a tough one." I sighed. "I know, I have no clue of what to do." I put both of my elbows on my desk and cupped my face in my hands. "Girl, what you need is a spy." Ellis said in a laugh. I chuckled a little to myself. "Forreal." "Wait! Kerri asked leaning up from her seat. I looked up from my hands and faced her. "What??" Kerri smiled widely. "You don't need a spy, I got the next best thing." Me and Ellis looked at each other, and then back at Kerri. "Trey."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ooooh, what y'all thinking??

Vote/Comment!!