Chapter 8

We pulled up to the boutique and August and I immediately ran inside. I froze dead in my tracks when I seen what was going on. There was clothes everywhere, kids running around throwing merchandise everywhere and customers complaining about the atmosphere of the shop. I scanned the room until I seen Kerri. I ran over to her and pulled her by her arm. "What the hell is going on in here?!" I yelled. Kerri opened her mouth to speak, but I cut her off. "Where's Ellis?!" I asked semi-yelling.

Kerri pointed to the back room and I immediately made my way back there. "Ellis! What the hell is going on here??"I asked loudly. Ellis grabbed one of the kids of the counter and sat them down. "Im sooo sorry Simone." He said rushing over to me. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. "What is this?" I said trying to not scream. Ellis sighed. "My cousin Lakeisha called and said she needed me to watch her kids today, cause she aint have a baby sitter." I was two seconds away from snapping when I felt a hard tap on my shoulder.

I spun around angrly to see Ariana standing there smirking evily. I took a deep breath preparing myself for the worse. "You never fail to amaze me Simone." I sighed. "Look, this is a HUGE misunderstanding...my shop is never like this." Ariana chuckled and shook her head. "I don't care about how your store usually is Simone, im here for today and today only." I sighed again. "Ok so what? Your gunna close me down??" Ariana smiled widely. "I don't think the board would like to hear that your running a daycare service instead of a store." I nodded slowly. "...Can we make some kind of deal?" Ariana smirked. "Im listening." I took a deep breath and looked around the chaotic store and back at Ariana.

"Ok, how about we forget today happened, tell the board you couldn't make it today and that you'll come back Friday." Ariana tapped her chin with her pen and looked up at the ceiling. "You kow, Im not to sure if I want to do that." I sighed. "Come on Ariana, don't be like that, I know what Ellis did to you messed up." Ariana cleared her throat. "Im not here to talk about that." I nodded. "I know, but that's the reason why you hate us." Ariana put her hand up. "Look, Im not agreeing to do that." I sighed and shook me head. "What will you agree to?" Ariana took a minute before answering. "Who's that guy over there?" She said not breaking eye contact with me.

I frowned. "What guy??" I asked confused. "The guy over there at the lingerie section." I looked over to the lingerie, where I seen August looking through some diffrent sets. "August??" Ariana smiled. "So it really is August Alsina." I frowned again. "How did you even see him?" I asked curiously. "I caught a glimpse of him when you guys came inside......is that your boyfriend?" I chuckled. "NO." I said sharply. Ariana nodded and smiled. "That's perfect." I gave Ariana the side-eye. "What are you talking about?" Ariana walked closer to me and placed her lips by my ear. "You get me a date with him and I'll tell the board anything you want."

My eyes shot open. "You? You wanna date August?" Ariana nodded. "Of course, who doesn't?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest. "Is there a problem?" I took a deep breath and sighed. "No....no there isn't." Ariana smiled again. "Great, I didn't think so." She wrote something down on her notepad and then looked back up at me. "I'll be back Friday, and when I back I expect this place in tip top shape AND to have my date with August set up." I nodded. "Will do."

Ariana shot me another evil smirk and left out the boutique. I sighed and rubbed my temples. I couldn't believe that Ariana was using me to get to August. Once I checked back into reality, I looked around the store to see that everything was slightly under control. Ellis had gotten all his bad ass kids and Kerri was trying to tidy up the place. I let out a sharp breath and walked over to the lingerie section where August was. "I need a favor." I said bluntly. August chuckled. "Damn you ain't even gon try and sweet talk me first?" I sighed. "August this is serious."

He nodded. "Ight, wassup." He said skiming through some bras and panties. I sighed and opened my mouth to speak. "That woman that you saw me talking to was from the state." August chuckled. "Damn, today wasn't a good look for you then." I rolled my eyes. "I know that, jackass." August put both of his hands up. "My bad, continue." ".....She wants to close the boutique down....but she won't under one condition." I stated. "You know, you would really look sexy in this." He said licking his lips as he picked up a bra and panty set. "Focus!" I said clapping in his face. August put the set back. "Ight sorry go head ma." I sighed and shook my head.