Chapter 34

I slid my key in the door and rushed inside the house. "August!" I semi-yelled. I heard some music playing, so I figured he was in the sudio. I sped walked down the hallway and swung open the studio doors. "Uh, well hello to you to ma." August said with smirk. "Sorry." I opened my purse and quickly pulled out two pills and handed it to him. "I'll be back with food in a sec." August nodded and I rushed out the room and into the kitchen. I grabbed a cup of ramen noodles and filled it with water before sitting it in the microwave. I looked down at my watch to check the time. "Shit!" I mumbled. I was already 7 minutes late for my date with Trey. I paced the kitchen waiting for the microwave to beep.

I pulled the noodles out the microwave and grabbed a fork. I raced back down the hallway and entered the studio. "Here!" I said shoving the food in August's face. "Noodles? Really?" He asked looking down at the cup. "I know it's not much, but I don't have time to make you something else, can you just eat it please?" August sighed. "Ight." He picked up his fork and began to eat. I sighed and sat down on one of the couches in the studio. I looked down at my watch, trying to calculate how long it would take me to get to the resturant.

"....Why you all dressed up?" August asked in between bites. "I have a date with Trey and Im running late." I said in a sigh. Augusts' brows shot up. "Oh word? Then what you still doin here? Go head, Im good." I got up from the couch and fixed my dress. "You sure?" August nodded. "Yeah, just go." I grabbed my purse and headed over to the door. For some reason, I got a feeling that August was staring at my ass as I walked away. "I'll see you in the morning." I said grabbing the knob and turning around. "Ight cool...." As soon as I opened the door, my phone rang in my bag. I fished it out quickly and answered it.

ME: "Hello?"

TREY: "Hey, you on your way yet?"
ME: "I just finished up with August, Im leavin now."

TREY: "No, it's okay, Im glad I caught you in time."
I frowned.

ME: "Wait what? Did something happen?"

TREY: "Actually yeah, I got put on a assignment for tonight, you know the usual, following and taking pictures."

I sighed.

ME: "So your canceling on me?"
TREY: "Im sorry, we can do something tommorow night, or when I get off."

ME: "No it's fine, Im sure you'll be tired when you get off....tommorow's cool."
TREY: "Alright, and again, Im really sorry..call me before you go to bed."

ME: "I will."
I hung up the phone and let out a long sigh. I turned around to August who was staring down at his phone screen. "You good to go or nah?" He asked typing. I plopped down on his couch and frowned. "No...Trey canceled." August looked up from his phone. "Damn, Im sorry ma." I shrugged. "It's cool I guess, there's always tommorow." August sat his phone down and leaned back in his chair. "Well If you makes you feel any better, you look really good." I smirked. "Thanks..to bad it's going to a waste." I said motioning to my body.

"It doesnt have to though." "Excuse me??" I asked confused. August chuckled. "Nah, not like that, I mean we should go out...you know as a friend thing." I sighed. "August you can barely walk, how are we suppose to go anywhere." August grabbed his crutches and stood up. "You said I needed to move around more and besides, you know you ain't tryna waste a outfit." I chuckled. "Fine...but where are we going??"

"Just get your keys and I'll meet you in the car." August left the room and walked down to his bedroom. "This shall be interesting." I said getting up from the couch. I walked out to my car and waited for August to get ready.

*****************************************

"This is where you wanted to go?" I asked undoing my seatbelt. August grabbed his crutches and stepped out of the car. "You too good for bowling or some shit?" I chuckled. "Nooo, Im just saying, how are you gunna bowl with a bad knee?" "Don't worry bout me, what you need to be worrying about is how you gonna win, cause Ima boss at this shit." I shook my head and closed my car door.