Chapter 42

I tapped my finger impatiently on the arm of my chair. Today was day I was going to find out if I was pregnant again or not. "Stop tapping Simone, your fine." Stasia said looking away from her magazine. Since our reconciliation, I've been going to her therapy sessions with her and she agreed to be here for me today for support. "I don't feel okay." I mumbled. Kerri placed her hand on my back and rubbed it gently. "Your fine, and you got me and Stasia here supporting you." I smiled a little. "I know.."

"Ms.Smith?" The nurse asked looking around. "That's me." I said standing up. "The doctor is ready to see you now." I nodded and took a deep breath. "You ready?"Kerri asked standing up. "I don't have a choice." I said in a sigh. I walked down the hallway to the room I was assigned with Stasia and Kerri trailing behind me.

I took a seat on the examination table and tried to calm my nerves. "Good Afternoon ladies." My doctor said with a smile. "Hey doctor Frayer, how you been?" He sat down in his rolling chair and smiled. "I've been great, can't complain, and yourself?" I nodded. "I've been good." He rolled his chair up to my knees and sighed. "Alright, so what bring you by today?" He asked grabbing his clipboard.

"Well um...I think I...I think I might be pregnant again." He smiled widely. "Really? And why do you think this?" He grabbed his pen and positioned it to write. "I've been feeling really sick lately, I threw up a few times back to back and my perios is two days late." He nodded and wrote something down on his clipboard. "Okay, so nausea and vomiting, and your menstrual cycle is late...have you taken any tests?" I nodded. "I took two, one was negative and the other was positive." He frowned.

"Really? That's strange." He said lowly. He sat his clipboard to the side and faced me. "Usually we don't give you another test if you already taken one, but since you had some unusual results, we can try it again." I took a sigh of relief. "Okay great, what are you gunna do?" He pushed his glasses up on his face and rolled back over to the counter. "You have a few options here Ms.Smith, we can take a urine sample, a blood test or you can do a pelvic exam." I leaned back agaisnt the wall and thought a minute. "I'll do the blood test, just to be sure." He nodded and stood up from his seat. "Okay, give me a minute to get my things together and I'll be back." I nodded and watched him walk out of the room.

"Nervous?" Kerri asked with a small smile. I nodded. "Yeah, I hate needles, but I need to be 100% sure so I can stop freakin myself out." Stasia nodded. "You need to be at peace, especially if you are pregnant, I don't want you to lose this baby Simi, I already feel repsonsible for the first." I nodded. "I know, and I told you don't worry about it, I did to myself." I smiled a little at Stasia. Just then the doctor stepped back in the room with all his tools. "You ready?" I nodded and sat up straight. He cleaned my arm and tied a rubber band across it. "Now, just relax okay?" I nodded and watched as he put the needle in my arm.

******************************************

"So when will I get the results back?" I asked as he placed a band aid on my arm. "Two days tops." He said with a smile. I sighed and nodded. "I'll call you as soon as we get them back. "Alright thanks doc." I slid off the table and exited the room. These last two days were gunna be nerve racking.

TWO DAYS LATER

I woke up to a loud sound of buzzing under my ear. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow and placed it to my ear. "Hello...?" I said half awake. "Simone, this is Doctor Frayer calling with your tests results." I immediately popped up out of bed. "Yes, hi, goodmorning." "We just got your results back, is now a good time to speak." "Y-yes now is fine." I could feel the butterflies forming in my stomach. "Well, Im happy to tell you that you are indeed pregnant Ms.Smith, three weeks to be exact." "Oh my god." I mumbled. "....So your telling me that I conceived three weeks ago?"

"Indeed, three to four weeks ago, yes." I sighed. "Okay, thank you so much for calling me." "No problem, and congratulations, I'll schedule you a follow up appointment in two weeks." "Okay, thank you." I hung up the phone and froze. I couldn't believe I was pregnant, and to top it all off, I slept with Trey four weeks ago, and I slept with August three weeks ago.

"This can't be happening." I said lowly. I never been the one to sleep around, or have multiple guys in my bed, but now here I was in another predicament that wasn't going to be easy to get out of. I took a deep breath and picked up my phone. There was no need to procrastinate on things, so I might as well get it over with. I dialed Trey's number and placed the phone to my ear.

TREY: "Simone Im glad you called."

ME: "Yeah, I really need to speak to you Trey."

TREY: "And I really need to speak to you, give me a chance to explain everything, I hate the way things ended.

I sighed.

ME: "Okay yeah... meet me at Dixie's in 15."

TREY: "Alright."

15 MINUTES LATER

I tapped my finger on the table as I waited for Trey tp get here. This whole situation made me nervous as hell. I didn't know how Trey was gunna take the news of me being pregnant, or the news of me sleeping with August, but I knew this had to be done.

"Hey beautiful." Trey said as he sat down. "Hey." "Thank you for meeting with me." I nodded. "Sure." "So what did you need to talk about?" I cleared my throat. "...You said you had something to tell me, so you go first." Trey nodded and leaned into the table. "I wanted you to know that Ihad nothing to do with those pictures you found." I sighed.

"Im serious Simone, I didn't, that's what I wanted to explain to you." I motioned for him to continue. "I got a call from police the other day." I frowned. "For what?" He took a deep breath and released it. "When they arrested that Jahkeem guy, they found something on him." "They found what??" I asked. "My house key." My eyes shot open. "What?!" I whisper-yelled. He nodded. "Yeah, Im guessing that's how those pictures got in my house, because he put them there."

I sat back in my seat silent. "Trey Im sorr-" He held his hand up stopping me. "Don't aplogize, I know you had a rough day that day, and any person would have done the same thing." I smiled slightly. "Yeah, but I should have known better than to think you were trying to hurt me." Trey chuckled. "Yeah, your right about that." I took a deep breath and released it slowly. "Well...I have something to tell you." Trey smirked and nodded. "Alright, what is it?" "....Before I tell you...you have to promise that you won't get upset." He nodded slowly. "...Tell me."

He took my hand and held it. ".......Im pregnant." I blurted out. I looked up at Trey's face that was obviously shocked. "You alright?" I asked. He nodded. "....Yeah...yeah..Im good, when did you find this out??" "Yesterday." I said in a sigh. Trey leaned back in his chair, looking as if he was processing what I just told him. "We haven't really been messing around, and the last time we did, we used a condom." I nodded. "I know, but you never can be to sure...but there's more to it." Trey frowned. "What else?"

"Remember that night we were suppose to go out, but you cancelled?" Trey nodded. "Well....I...I uh....I ended up sleeping with August that night." Trey let go of my hand. "What?" He asked confused. "You promise you wouldn't get upset, Im trying to be honest with you." Trey shook his head. "Your only being honest with me now because your pregnant Simone." I nodded. "I know, but Im just trying to lay everything out on the table...besides we weren't in a reletionship." Trey scoffed. "So that makes it okay?" "No it doesn't, but still it's not like I cheated."

Trey sighed. "No, but it's damn near close." I sighed and stood up from the table. "Im sorry, from the bottom of my heart I am, but you needed to know this, just like August needed to know." Trey shook his head. "Listen, I will take full responsibility if this child is mine, but honestly Simone, I doubt it is, we protected ourselves...did you use protection with August?" I sighed. "No.." I mumbled. Trey stood up from the table and nodded. "Well there's your answer. If you need anything call me alright?" I nodded and watched him walk away. I knew I really hurt Trey, but I had to step up to the plate and do what I needed to do. And telling August was the next thing on my to do list.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next chapter is the last .

Vote/Comment!!