Chapter 15

THE NEXT NIGHT

I stared at myself in the mirror as I ran my hands down my dress (EXTERNAL LINK) August had called earlier, demanding that I went out with him tonight. I was slightly nerovus about it because I knew this was going to be a REAL date. I sat on the edge of my bed and put my heels on. Just then, my phone vibrated next to me. I slid the bar over and placed my phone to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

KERRI: "Hey boo."

ELLIS: "Heeey sus."

I chuckled and shook my head.

ME: "Did you guys call me on three way?"

KERRI: "Yeah, It was Ellis' idea."

ELLIS: "You damn right it was, you left yet?"

I sighed.

ME: "No, Im still home, Im sure he's on the way."

KERRI: "Are you excited?"

She asked happily.

ELLIS: "Im sure she is, hell if I was gon get some cutty tonight, I would be to."

ME: "Nobody's having sex E."

KERRI: "Thank you."

ELLIS: "Mhmm, that's what you say now, but watch as soon as you get alone with him you gon be like, let me sit this assssssssss on ya."

He said singing.
I chuckled.

ME: "Ok Beyonce, I doubt it."

ELLIS: "Mhm, 50 dollars says that you will."

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

ME: "Alright, fine."

All of a sudden I heard a slight knock at the door.

ME: "He's here y'all, I'll see y'all in the morning."

ELLIS: "Yasssss y'all fena get it in!!! Have fun sus."

KERRI: "Enjoy yourself."

ME: I will."

I ended the call and dropped my phone in my purse. I took a deep breath and walked out to my front door. I put my hand on the knob and froze. "Just breath." I fixed my dress again and opened the door. "You ready ma?" I nodded. "Yeah." I stepped outside and locked the door behind me. I turned back aound and faced August, who was apparently staring at me from behind. "What?" August smirked. "You look good....real good." He said licking his lips. I rolled my eyes and pushed him out the way. "Let's go." I walked down to the elevator with August trailing behind me.

Once we got in his car, for some reason I got nervous again. I crossed my legs and tapped my heels on the ground, trying to calm my nerves. "You good?" August asked with a smirk. "Y-yeah Im fine." I readjusted myself in my seat and tried to enjoy the ride to wherever we were going.

20 MINUTES LATER

We pulled up to our destination and I frowned. "What are we doing at a hotel?" I asked raising a brow as I stared at the hotel's sign. August turned off the engine and smirked. "Were having dinner here." My frowned deepened. "At a hotel? What happnened to good ol resturants?" August chuckled and hit the locks. "Just come on." He said getting out the car. I took a deep breath and grabbed my purse as I got out the car. I held on to August's arm as we walked inside the hotel.

Once we were inside, we made our way to the pool area and I started to get really nervous. "....So were going swimming?" August chuckled. "Nah, just wait." He pushed the door open and motioned for me to go first. I looked at him suspisciously and stepped outside. "Ok ma, close your eyes." He placed both of his hands on my waist, waiting for me to listen to him. I hesitated for a second, and then shut my eyes closed. "No peeking, ight?" I nodded. "Yeah ok fine." I said in a sigh. All of a sudden I felt August hands push me in one direction and we both began to walk slowly. We took a few turns and then we finally stopped. "Ight, open your eyes." I took a deep breath, and opened my eyes slowly.