Chapter 16

THE NEXT DAY

I pulled into Augusts' driveway anxious as hell. He called me earlier letting me know he had the results to the paternity test and he wanted to open them with me. If I wasn't ready before, I surely had to be ready now. I stepped out the car and threw my crossbody bag on. I took a deep breath and hit the locks. I walked up the cobblestone path and knocked on his door. At this point I had butterflies times ten.

"Hey beautiful." I let out a weak smile and stepped inside. I follwed him to the kitchen and took a seat on the counter. "You want some?" He asked motioning to his plate of food. I shook my head. "No thanks." I said lowly. August frowned. "What's wrong?" I sighed. "You know what's wrong, I just want to read these results and get it over with." August sighed and finished off his food. "Look before we start, I have to tell you something." August lifted his brows up, giving me his attention. "...Ariana called..and she wants three more dates with you." August smirked a little. "...Ight I'll give her a call later." I nodded. "Wait right here." I tried to relax a little on the counter top, but that was a fail. I was beyond nervous and I wondered why August seemed so calm.

"Ight here we go." He said holding up a yellow envelope. I took a deep breath and released it slowly. "You want me to read it?" I nodded. I sat on the counter still as a board as I watched August open the large envelope. He slipped out 3 pieces of paper and began to read them silently. I played with my fingers as I watched his eyes scroll back and forth on the first paper.

"Well..say something." I said impatiently. August switched the paper and sighed. "That wasn't the results, sorry." I sighed and swalloed hard. He switched the papers again and examined it. I watched him read as I pratically died in my seat. He sat the papers on the counter and looked at me. "..What...what is it?" You could hear the nervousness in my voice. August was silent. I hopped off the counter and faced him. "WHAT?" I asked again. August smiled. "Im not the father." In that moment a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I took a sigh of relief and hugged August.

"How do you feel?" August shrugged. "I don't know, Im happy that I wasn't the father of her child, but then agian it's like damn." I nodded. "I get it." August smirked and kissed my forehead. "Ight so you know what them negative results mean." I pulled away from him and stepped back. "And what's that?" I asked lifting one brow up. "You know, getting back together." I sighed. "I told you it wasn't a guarantee that the results would change everything..atleast give me some time to think about it." August shook his head. "Bra forreal? So you still ain't fuckin with me?" I shrugged.

"Wassup mayne? I done everything you asked me to do and you still actin salty as fuck, If you don't want me then say that shit, cause yo games getting old ma." I sighed. "I never said I didn't wanna be with you." August shook his head. "Then why you playin wit me? Can you just forgive me so we can move on." I was silent for a second. "....It's not that easy." "Why not?!" He aksed loudly. "You always wanna make shit hard, like damn why you gotta be so complicated??" I scoffed. "Im the one who always makes shit hard?? NO that's you?" August looked at me with a confused and angry expression.

"You wanna know what's hard August?" I said walking towards him. "Giving birth to a dead fetus is hard!!! Hearing a doctor tell you your soon to be child didn't make it is hard!!! Having a life given and taken from you is hard! So obviously you don't know shit about what's "hard" or not!" At this point we were face to face. Once I collected myself and realized what I said, it was to late to take it back. August stood infront of me frozen, with confusion is his eyes. "What did you say?" He asked lowly. I swalloed the tears that were forming and sighed. "....I was pregnant August." He stumbled back to the counter and looked me in the eyes.

"When?" I sighed again. "I was like 3 months at Stasia's baby shower." I said calmly. August eyes shot open. "You didn't tell me....why didn't you tell me?!" He asked as his voice raised a little. I jumped a little when I heard the anger in his voice. "...I had planned a special way of telling you, right after we got back from the baby shower." August shook his head. "You always talkin bout how I kept a secret from you, but you ain't tell me about my own child for three months." I sighed. "That's different." August scoffed. "Yeah, when it comes to you it is." I frowned. "What the hell is that suppose to mean?" I folded my arms across my chest waiting for a answer.

"I admitted that I was wrong for the shit I did to you, but you can't even admit that yo ass was wrong for not telling me! I missed appointments and all Simone!" I sighed. "I never said I was right..I just wanted to tell you in a special way, but if you didn't fuck it up, none of this would have ever happened." August nodded slowly. "It always comes back on me." I shrugged. August picked up the paternity papers and threw them in the trash. "What are you doing?" August was silent. "Answer me." I said calmly. He was still silent. I sighed and walked over to where he was standing and stood behind him. "We can't even have a conversation anymore without arguing."

August sighed and kept his back facing me. "You know what that means?" August didn't move. "......Maybe we need to let this go." August turned around and faced me. "What?" He asked. I sighed. "It's obvious that there's been to much collateral damage in our relationship....and at this point...Im not even sure we can fix it." August folded his arms across his chest and clenched his jaw. "Is it because you don't wanna fix it or you won't try to?" I sighed. "A little of both." He unclenches his jaw and stared at me. I kissed him on his cheek and turned around to walk away, but he pulled me back.

"So you just gon leave like that?" I shrugged. "What else am I suppose to do?" August pulled me close to him and held me tight. "Tell me you love me." I frowned. "What?" I asked confused. "Tell me you love me, and I'll let everything go, we can try and work this shit out." I could see the honesty in his eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I knew I loved him, but we had to many things to get passed to even try and have a normal relationship again. I stood there silent. After a few seconds, August sighed and let me go.

"You can let yourself out ma." He said lowly. He turned around and walked to his bedroom. I stood there on the edge of tears not knowing if I made the right choice or a huge mistake. I took a deep breath and collected myself. I turned around and walked out to my car.

20 MINUTES LATER

I pulled into my parking garage and wiped my eyes. I didn't even know I was crying until I finished driving. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car, slamming the door behind me. I took the elevator up to my floor and looked through my bag for my keys. "Wassup ma." I heard someone say infront of me. I looked up from my bag and frowned. "Devontae??" I asked confused. He smirked. "How you been?" I was silent for a second. "...I've been fine...how did you find where I lived?" Devontae sighed. "That's not important, I came here to tell you something."

I folded my arms across my chest and waited for him to speak. "People haven't been taking Quan's death lightly." I frowned. "People?What people?" Devontae rubbed his chin and paused. "His brother." My frown deepend. "Quan has a brother?" He nodded. "A older brother to be exact." I nodded slowly. "Ok, so what does that have to do with me?" Devontae sighed again. "Ight look, Once that nigga had found out Quan died, he went on a rampage, he came to the trap shooting up shit, and questioning everybody." I motioned for him to continue.

"He got a hold of Jazz." My eyes widened. "Forreal?" He nodded. "And she and the rest of the niggas at the trap told him everything to cover there ass." "Told them what exactly?" I asked. Devontae cleared his throat. "They told him, that you were the last person who he was messin with before he went off to jail....he knows your the reason why he got locked up....and he knows that your somewhat responsible for his death." I stood there frozen. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Take this as a warning Simone....Im sure he's coming for you." I swalloed hard. "Be prepared ight ma?" I nodded. "T-thank you." Devontae nodded. "Take care of yourself ight? I'll call if I find out anything else." Devontae gave me a head nod and walked away towards the elevator. As if I needed more things to worry about, now I possibly have someone coming after me again, and this time I have no clue what they look like.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ahhhhhh damn.

Vote/Comment!!