Chapter 7

Tommorow was my "date" with August. For some reason that's all I've been thinking about all day. I don't know if I was nervous or excited, but everytime I thought about it I got butterfiles in my stomach. Or maybe it was because tommorow was also inspection day, and I was going to miss it for the first time.

I stood at a station in the shop, folding shirts, trapped in my thoughts until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Ellis smiling. "Girl your gunna be fine." I frowned. "How did you know I was worried??" Ellis chuckled. "You've been folding that same damn shirt for 20 minutes now." I looked down at the shirt in my hands and let out a nervous laugh. "Come here." Ellis said pulling me over to the couches. Kerri was sitting at the one across from us, reading a magazine and drinking coffee. "Ugh, just when I try to get away from you." Kerri said closing her magazine.

Ellis fanned her off and turned to me. "Do y'all ever work?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow. Kerri nodded. "He doesn't, I do, Im just on break." Kerri said drinking her coffee. I chuckled. "Ya'll know I can fire y'all right?" Ellis rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Ok stop with the jokes, Im trying to talk to you." I sighed and faced Ellis. "Why you so nervous girl??" I shrugged. "I dunno...this is the first time we'eve actually been on a date, even when we were together, we never went out like that." Ellis shook his head. "That's a damn shame." I sighed and nodded.

"Aw, so it's your first date with him? That's so cute." Kerri squealed. "Why aren't you excited then?" Kerri asked me with a frown. I shrugged. "I don't know, I just have mixed emotions about everything." Kerri nodded. "Im sure everything will be fine, just enjoy his company."I chuckled. "I'll try."

THE NEXT DAY

Today was the day. It was my first offcial date with August. I sat on my couch staring at my phone screen. I didn't know why I was so anxious to see him, but whatever. I fixed my shirt (OUTFIT IN EXTERNAL LINK) and waited. I tapped my fingernail on the couch and kept my eyes glued to the screen. My phone vibrated and my heart started to beat hella fast. I grabbed my phone and slid the answer bar over.

ME: "Hello?"

AUGUST: "Im downstairs ma."

ME: "Alright, Im coming."

I ended the call and grabbed my bag and keys. I took the elevator down to the parking garage and looked around for Augusts' car. "Where is he?" I said under my breath. Just when I was about to call him, a limo pulled up infront of me. I dropped my phone back into my bag and folded my arms. The door opened and August stepped out of the backseat smiling. "Really? A Limo? It's like 12'oclock." August chuckled. "I know, I was gon pick you up myself, but Brutus wanted to see you." I smiled. "He's driving?" August nodded. I smiled widely and got in the backseat.

August followed behind me and closed the door. "Ms. Simone." Brutus said with a smile. I looked into the mirror and smiled at him. "How you been Brutus?" I said in a laugh. Brutus nodded. "I've been well, and what about yourself?" I nodded. "I've been good." Brutus smiled. "Im glad I got to see you." I nodded. "Likewise." "And." He started. "Most importantly, Im glad I got to see you and Mr.Alsina together." August chuckled. "You ain't the only one." He said eyeing me.

I rolled my eyes at the both of them. "Whatever, it's JUST lunch, nothing more." Brutus nodded. "Alrighty, if you say so." He started up the car and began to drive. "So where are we going?" I asked, turning to August." "The Ivy." He said rubbing his hands together. My brows shot all the way up. "The Ivy? Wow, somebody's going all out." August smiled. "Nothing but the best." He said touching my chin. I moved his hand and chuckled. "Were good..but not that good." August nodded. "Ight, I'll respect that."

The car ride to the resturant was pretty quiet. I looked out the window mostly and tried to keep the distance between us in the backseat. Every once in a while when the car would turn, August would try to get a couple feels in but I checked him every time, this man is really dedicated I tell ya.

All of a sudden the limo came to a slow stop. "We're here." Brutus said with a slight smile. "Ight bra, we should be back in a hour." Brutus nodded. "30 minutes tops." I said as I opened my door. August chuckled and shook his head. I walked around to the entrance with August trailing behind me. He pushed me to the side and opened the door for me. "After you." He said looking my up and down. I shoo my head and walked inside the resturant. "Ahhhh Mr.Alsina, you finally made it." The maitre D said. August nodded. "And your just in time, the reservations were for two correct?" "Yeah, they were for me and this lovely lady right here." August said motioning to me.

I smiled weakly at the Maitre D. "Great, right this way." He grabbed two menu's and led us up a few stairs and to a secluded area. "Someone will be right with you to take your orders. "Thank you." I said smiling. Once the Maitre D was gone, I turned and faced August. "And we couldn't sit with the rest of the people because?" I asked as I looked around. August smirked. "I wanted to be alone with you." He tried to grab my hand, but I slowly pulled it back. "Right." I said sharply.

Once we got our food, I was actually starting to somewhat enjoy this "date" with August. We kept the talking at a minimal and I knew that was for the best. If our get togethers were gunna be like this, then I wouldn't mind seeing him every know and then. Just then, Augusts' voice interrupted my thoughts. "So." He said staring at me. I looked up from my plate and frowned. "So..?" "Are we actually gunna talk now??" I sighed and sat back in my seat. "We don't have anything to discuss." August chuckled. "Stop playin, we both know we have alot to talk about." I was silent for a second. ".....Alright..talk."

August smiled and rubbed his hand together. "Well first and formost.....have you missed me?" I sighed and shook my head. "Im not answering that." August laughed. "Nah, I need a answer to-" His sentence was cut short from his phone ringing. He reached in his back pocket and pulled it out. "Damn, I gotta take this, ight?" I nodded. "Don't let me stop you." August answered the phone and walked over to the other side of the room.

I decided to take this time to text Kerri to see how everything was going at the boutique. I pulled out my phone and sent her a quick text. I layed back in my seat and waited for August to come back to the table. "Sorry ma." I fanned him off. "It's whatever." August cleared his throat. "So were where we?" I chuckled. "You left off at being extremely annoying." August chuckled. "Whatver, so you gon answer a nigga or what mayne?" I sighed. "You answer it first." August nodded. "Ight, fair enough." He went to speak, but his phone vibrated on the table. I motioned for him to answer it.

He sighed and answered the phone. "Hey ma, how you doing?" He said in a rehearsed tone. I chuckled a little to myself. "Im out with a friend ma, I can't really talk." There was a pause, I guess he's mom was talking. "Nah, Im with Simone." He said lowly. "Yeah she's talking to me again." I rolled my eyes. "Ok, yeah I know, I'll call you and tell you alright?" There was another pause. "Alright fine, love you." He ended the phone and sat it back down on the table.

"You know I always liked your mom." I said in a laugh. "Yeah, and she always liked you." I smiled a little. ".......So answer the question." I said smiling. August paused before speaking. "I've missed you...you know that." I chuckled. "I know, I just wanted to hear you say it." I took a sip of my drink and smirked. August shook his head. "You gotta answer it now." I opened my mouth to speak, but my phone vibrating in my bag stopped me. I fished it out and looked down at the screen. "Kerri" flashed across my screen. "Hold on, it's Kerri." August nodded and sat back in his seat. I slid the green bar over and put the phone to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

KERRI: "Simone, you need to get down here ASAP!!"

I frowned a little to myself.

ME: "Why? What's going on??"

KERRI: "Ariana is talking about closing us down, I need you to get here like NOW."

ME: "A-Alright, im on my way."

I slid the red bar over and threw my phone in my bag. "We're leaving." I said getting up. August got up and threw some money down on the table and follwed me out the resturant. Once we were outside, August called Brutus to get us. "Is everything good?" I shook my head. "No, there's a emergency at the shop." August nodded. "Ight, we'll get there." We got back into the limo and made our way to the boutique. I sat in the backseat quiet, preparing myself for the worse.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorta dry, I kno

what y'all think happened??

Vote/Comment!!