Chapter 28

4 WEEKS LATER

Since the huge incident in Florida a few weeks ago, I've been mostly about myself lately. I haven't seen or heard from August since the last time I seen him in the hospital, half of me wanted to know how he was recovering, but I knew it was for the best if I stayed away. As for Trey and I, once we got back home I came clean to him about EVERYTHING, and told him the real reason why I flew to Florida. He was upset at first, but ended up forgiving me a few days after I told him.

I walked into my bathroom and fluffed my newly short cut hair in the mirror. After I got back from Florida, I felt like I needed a change, so I decided on cutting my hair. It's still taking some time to get used to, but Im managing. I grabbed my keys out my bag and headed downstairs to my car. I've been more dedicated to work than ever before and it seems like business is moving along very well.

******************************************

I walked into the shop and headed straight into my office. As soon as I sat down at my desk, I felt a muffled vibration coming from my bag. I fished it out to see Trey calling me. I smiled a little to myself before answering.

ME: "Hellooo?"

I said in a sing-song voice.

TREY: "Goodmorning beautiful, you at work?"

ME: "Actually yes, I just got here."

TREY: "Oh alright, you need me to call back later?"

ME: "No it's fine, wassup?"

TREY: "I was calling to see if you wanted to come over tonight."

I sighed.

ME: "You know how I feel about coming over."

TREY: "I know, I know, but it's not like you haven't been over here before, I wanna chill tonight."

ME: "I told you that our houses were off limits right now, im trying to focus on getting myself together before starting another relationship...what were doing here is just casual...I thought we both agreed to that."

TREY: "I know...but shit, it was worth a shot."

I laughed and shook my head.

ME: "I'll call you later."

I hung up the phone and immediately got to work. I logged into my email, checking my new messages when there was a knock at my door. "Come in." I said lowly. Kerri peeked her head into my room and smiled at me. "You have a visitor." I frowned. I knew it couldn't have been Trey because I just got off the phone with him. "Who??" Kerri sighed. "Ariana." I lifted both brows up in shock. I haven't seen Ariana since the hospital and she really has no reason to be here.

I got up from my seat and walked out the door, to the front of the shop. I seen Ariana sitting down on one of the couches, smiling at me. I took a deep breath and walked over to her, taking a seat across from her. "Hey...long time no see huh?" I nodded. "Yeah..something like that, what brings you by??" Ariana sat up and sighed. "I need a favor." I frowned. "From me??" Kerri smiled and nodded. "I wouldn't have asked you if I thought you would say no." I sat up from my seat, waiting to hear what she had to say.

"August has been in recovery mode ever since we got back from Florida." I nodded. "I heard it was gunna take a few weeks before he was up and running again." Ariana sighed. "I know and since he's been down, he hasn't been working, which is making him slightly depressed." I was silent, waiting for her to tell me what she needed me for. "Im doing the best I can taking care of him, but it's starting to interfer with my work." I frowned. "As his girl, it's kinda your job to be there and give it your all." Ariana nodded. "I know and I am, but I need some help, and he's not even trying to help himself."

I sighed. "Alright, so what do you need me to do??" Ariana reached into her bag and pulled out a bag of pills. "What's that?" I asked motioning to the bag. "All the meds he takes everyday." I nodded slowly. "I give him his morning and night doses, but he never takes his afternoon doses and I can't give it to him because Im at work." I sighed once I realized where this was going. "Can you stop by after work and start giving him his meds for me??" I was silent. I just got away from August and here I was, about to get sucked in all over agian. "Please Simone?? Your the only person I know he trusts besides me...with Christmas around the corner, I've been working like crazy and I really need your help." I sighed and rubbed my temples. "....Fine.....I'll do it." Ariana took a sigh of relief.

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it." She took out two bottles from the bag and handed it to me. "He's suppose to take these two around 3 o'clock, but make sure he eats first." I nodded. "Alright.." Ariana got up from her seat and smiled at me. "You can start tommorow, I'll come by and drop off a spare key." I nodded. "Thanks again Simone, I really owe you one.....oh and nice hair by the way." She smiled at me again before leaving. I couldn't believe I was really about to do this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How do y'all feel about Simone helping Ariana??

Simone with short hair in the Multimedia .

Vote/Comment!!