Chapter 43

I pulled up to Augusts' gate box and took a deep breath. "Jesus I need you." I said lowly. I slowly typed the code into the keypad and waited for the gate doors to open. I drove up to the driveway and parked. I never been so scared to tell someone something in my life. I wasn't even as half as nervous to tell Trey. I knew this was a life changing thing I was about to tell him and I wasn't ready.

I got out of the car and fixed my hair. I grabbed my bag out of the passenger seat, and made my way down the cobblestone path. Once I got to the door, my heart was beating out my chest. I took a few minutes to calm down and try to convince myself to go through with it. I knocked on the door twice and waited for a answer.

"Simone...I didn't expect to see you here." Ariana said leaning on the doorframe. "Likewise, is August home?" I asked cutting to the chase. I had no desire to even hold a fake conversation with Ariana, I was lowkey tired of seeing her face. "Yeah, he's in the studio...do you want to come inside?" I shook my head. "No thank you, just go grab him for me." Ariana nodded and stepped back into the house. Once she was gone, I let out a long sigh. I was really tired of being cordial with her, when the truth was I couldn't stand her, no matter how nice she tried to be with me, I just wasn't buying it.

"Simone?" August asked stepping outside. I took a few steps back to make room for him. "Yeah..do you have a minute to talk?" He nodded and closed the door behind him. "Well, I see your walking again." "Yeah I retired the cane a few days ago, Im good now." I nodded. "That's good....I see you and your girl still going strong." August shrugged. "Something like that, how are you and Trey?" I paused for a second. "...I broke up with him."

Augusts' brows shot up. "Oh word?" I nodded. "And why is that?" He asked leaning on the doorframe. "It's a long story, and I really don't wanna rehash it again." August nodded. "Ight. So wassup? why you stopped by? I thought you said we ain't have nothing to talk about." I nodded. "I know, but we do now." August sighed. "Ight, is you gon make this quick or nah?" I frowned.

"Okay, why do I sense a attitude?" I asked folding my arms across my chest. August shrugged.

"I can't tell you what you sensing ma." "Really August? forreal, what's with the shitty attitude?" He's whole demanor was making me impatient. "Ight so first you tell me that we done, then you tell me we ain't got shit to discuss, now your standing on my doorstep wanting a minute of my time, like wassup?" I put my hand up and paused. "Look." I started. "I don't no where you got all this damn attitude from, but you need to put it back where you found it." He sucked his teeth.

"And your right, we DON'T have anything to discuss, but now I have something to tell you, and that's why Im here." August sighed and leaned agaisnt the door. "And what makes you think I wanna hear it? You didn't even come talk to me after all that shit that went down at my christmas party, and now all of a sudden your here." I cleared my throat, trying to keep my composure. "So your mad because I hurt your little feelings? Grow up August, forreal." He chuckled and shook his head. I knew that made him mad.

"What you here for anyway? If it's to apologize, save that shit cause I ain't tryna hear it." "Apologize?" I asked confused. "I don't have shit to-" I sighed. "You know what, forget it, it's not important anymore." "Good." He snapped back. Just then, Ariana opened the front door and stuck her head out. "Babe, do you want me to start dinner?" August nodded as he continued to stare at me. "Yeah, go ahead, im right behind you." Ariana nodded. "Okay, sorry to interrupt you guys." I rolled my eyes a little.

"Nah, you ain't interrupting, we were just finished." He walked back inside and closed the door in my face. "Asshole." I mumbled. I turned on my heels and walked back to my car. I didn't know what made me more mad, the fact that he had this shitty ass attitude for no reason, or that he used the same line on me that I used on him at the Christmas party. All I knew is, I wasn't going to put me or my child through another stressful pregnancy. And If that meant not telling him at all until I give birth, then so be it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alright, so it's a wrap y'all .

Love me or Leave me (Book 3) IS UP NOW!

Tell me what you think about the ending.

Did y'all get Testimony today ????

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vote/Comment!!