Chapter 17

It's been two days since my blow up with August, and Im still not sure how to feel. From the moment I didn't say I love you back, I knew we were officially over. I guess the fact that I lost him hasn't hit me yet, and Im hoping that it won't. I layed in my bed, watching TV trying to keep my mind off August. I flipped through the channels, trying to find something to watch, when my phone vibrated next to me. I rolled my eyes and answer it, without looking at the caller I.D.

ME: "What?"

TREY: "Is this a bad time?"
ME: "Trey?"

TREY: "Yeah...you alright?"

I sighed.

ME: "..Yeah..yeah Im fine."

TREY: "You sure? Kerri told me what happened."

ME: "Yeah, I guess Im fine..."

TREY: "You don't sound to sure about that."

ME: "Im alright, it's nothing I can't handle."

TREY: "Come grab a drink with me, I know you wanna talk."

I chuckled.

ME: "....Fine, where at?"

TREY: "Meet me at Dixie's in 20."

ME: "Alright."

I hung up the phone and let out a long sigh. Firsts step to getting over August was venting, and I definetely need that.

20 MINUTES LATER

I pulled into Dixie's parking lot and got out of the car. I walked inside the bar and scanned the room until I seen Trey. I took a deep breath and walked over to the seat beside him. "Hey." He shot me a wide smile. I sat down slowly and smiled. "Hey.." "I ordered you a drink already." I nodded. "Thanks." I took a sip of my drink and sighed. "So...I heard you've been having some prett rough weeks." I nodded. "Yeah, tell me about it." I mumbled. "You wanna talk about it? You know Im always all ears." He asked with a smirk.

I smirked and took a deep breath. "Well for starters, I took your advice about Stasia, and that went completely left." Trey frowned. "Why? Did she do something??" I took another sip of my drink and nodded. "August asked her for a paternity test, and she got mad at me." Trey's frowned deepened. "Wait, why would she get mad at you?" I shrugged. "I don't know, she said she feels like he asking for the test for the wrong reason...it's not that he really cares, he just wants to get back with me." Trey nodded. "I see." "But he really wants to know though." I added. Trey chuckled. "Any man would wanna know." I nodded.

"And to make it worse, she brought her daughter along on our meeting." Trey's brows shot up. "Really?? did you see her?" I sighed. "Yeah...I saw her.. shes beautiful." "Well if August wasn't the father, what was so bad about seeing her?" Trey asked nudging me. I sighed. "It just reminded me of something I really don't wanna talk about." Trey nodded slowly. "Well I heard about you and August....I thought you guys would be on good terms since the results." I shrugged. " Yeah, I thought that to, but just like Stasia, that went left to." Trey chuckled and shook his head. "Jesus, what happened." I dunno....he wanted to pick up where we left off, but It's not that easy...I told him the results weren't gunna change everything."

"So why don't you guys just try and take it slow??" He asked sipping his drink. I sighed. "We got into a big fight, and I admited something to him that was a real game changer, and then on top of that he told me he loved me and I didn't say it back." Trey's brows shot up. "What? wait but you love him don't you?" I nodded. "So why didn't you say it back??" I shrugged. "I dunno, I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why the hell I didn't." I dropped my head in my hands and sighed.