Chapter 37

THE NEXT WEEK

It was three days before Christmas and Tyrese and I were still working extremely hard trying to figure out were Jahkeem could be. I visted the trap, called Devontae and even spoke to Jazz a few times, trying to figure out where he was, but nobody knew, either they were to scared to say or they really had no clue.

I sat in my office, going through some books, when there was a knock at my door. "Come in." I said in a sigh. "Ariana here." Ellis said dryly. "She back??" I said outloud. I got up from my seat and walked out to the front of the shop. "Simone, hey." She said with a smile. "Hey, I didn't know you were back already." Ariana nodded. "Yeah, I got back in last night." "Oh okay.." I said lowly. "Yeah, I came by to say thanks for helping me when I was away. August said you took care of his every need."

"I bet he did." I mumbled. "Anways." She started. "I also came by to give you this." She reached into her bag and pulled out a envelope. "Oh no, you don't have to give me money." Ariana shook her head. "No, it's a invitatiton." She said with a smile. I looked down at the envelope and back at her. "It's a invite to the Christmas party im throwing at Augusts'." I nodded. "Oh...okay." She reached in her bag and pulled out two more. "These are for Kerri and Ellis." I nodded. "It's also a plus one invite so make sure you bring somebody."

I smiled weakly and nodded. "Thanks.." Ariana smiled. "I hope to see you there." She shot me another smile before walking out. "What was that all about?" Kerri asked walking up beside me. "....Ariana invited us to her Christmas party." Kerri chuckled. "Your kidding right?" I shook my head. "Nope, here's you invitation." Kerri frowned and took the invite from me. "Should we go to this??" I shrugged. "What y'all over here talking about??" Ellis said chewing gum."

I sighed and handed Ellis his invitation. "Ariana invited us to her Christmas party." Ellis laughed. "Your forreal?" I nodded. "What's the catch??" I shrugged. "I don't think there is one." Ellis shook his head. "Nah, there has to be, the bitch don't like us,remember?" Kerri chuckled. "Maybe she feels like she needs to be nice to you...and us." "Maybe." I mumbled. "So are we going or not?" Ellis asked impatiently. "I guess so...and bring a guest, she says it's plus one." Kerri nodded. "Im going solo." Ellis laughed. "Stop acting like you got a choice, it's always Kerri party of one." I chuckled. "Don't start y'all."

***************************************************

I pulled into Augusts' driveway and hopped out. I've been checking up on Tyrese these past few days to see how he was recovering. Since August let him stay in the guest house, I volunteered to check up on Tyrese every now and then since I knew August wouldn't do it. I walked down the cobblestone path and knocked on the door. I smiled a little to myself thinking about how this used to be my home.

"Simone hey, come inside." I slowly walked into the guest house and closed the door behind me. "How you been? Are you recovering fine?" Tyrese nodded. "Yeah, Im good. Still a little bruised up, but Im fine for the most part." I nodded. "Have you eaten today? I brought you lunch." Tyrese smiled. "Thanks, I've been snacking here and there, so to finally have a real meal in nice." I smiled. "Well your welcome." Tyrese walked over to the couch and opened up the food I brought for him.

"You can have a seat if you like." He asked motioning to the couch across from him. I walked slowly and sat down. ".....So what have you been doing for the past few days??" I asked looking around. Tyrese shrugged. "Nothing much, watch TV, sleep, work out a little, there's not much you can do when your in hiding." I nodded. "True.." I watched Tyrese dig into the food I made him, scarfing it down like he hasn't ate in forever, which he probably hasn't.

"So, how long do I get to stay here?" He asked finally looking up from his plate. "After Christmas, then me and August are gunna get together and think of a place to put you." Tyrese nodded and continued to eat. "Thanks again, I really appreciate you and August for helping me, no wonder you guys make such a good couple." I swalloed hard. "Thanks.." There was silence between us for a few minutes. "...So." I started. "Did you have any plans for the holidays...before ...you know." Tyrese chuckled.

"Nah I didn't, I was planning on just hangin around at the trap, you know the usual." I nodded slowly. "So you were gunna spend Christmas day alone? What about your mom?" Tyrese shook his head. "Once I got arrested at that baby shower, she was done with me, she knew everyhting I had told her was a lie...I haven't seen or spoken to her since." "Oh.." I said lowly. He nodded and finished off his food.

"....Well um, August is having a Christmas party, would you like to come?" Tyrese chuckled. "You don't have to invite me Simone if you don't want to, im cool with just hangin around the guest house." I shook my head. "No, I want to, you can't just sit here and be alone on Christmas." Tyrese smiled. "...Alright....will August be cool with it though?" I fanned him off. "Don't worry about him, I'll handle it." Tyrese laughed and nodded. "Okay, then I'll come." I smiled.

I got up from the couch and walked over to the front door. "Great, I'll tell August to come by and drop of your invite." Tyrese nodded. "Okay cool, thanks again, you too are really good for each other." I placed my hand on the knob and sighed. If Tyrese was going to be around everyone on Christmas, I didn't need him making any comments about me and August bring in a relationship, especially with Trey and Ariana around. I took a deep breath and turned around. "Tyrese....?"

He lifted his brows up, giving me his attention. "There's a few things I need to tell you if your gunna come to the party." Tyrese nodded. "Alright, shoot." He wiped his hands on a napkin and leaned back on the couch. I slowly walked back over to him, getting my words together. "Okay...first of all...I know I told you and August and I aren't together, but there's more......he has a girlfriend, which im sure you'll meet at the party and Im talking to someone." Tyrese nodded slowly. "Well Im sorry, I just assumed you and him were still messing around since you were there so early in the morning when you found me....plus you were wearing his tshirt." He said in a chuckle. I swalloed hard.

"What you seen stays between me, you and August alright? Obviously something happend that wasn't suppose to and it doesn't need to be brought up again." Tyrese put both of his hands up. "It's cool Simone, I get it. Don't worry, I won't tell his little girlfriend." I nodded. "Thanks."

"Is that all?" Tyrese asked with a smile. I thought a minute before answering. "...The only people who know about you are me, August and a few of my friends. I don't trust Augusts' girlfriend so, she definetely doesn't know anything. Neither does the guy Im bringing." Tyrese nodded. "So who do I say I am then?" I placed the room back and forth and thought a second. "Say your Augusts' cousin, I'll fill him in later." Tyrese nodded. "Okay sure, I'll see you on Christmas." I nodded "Will do." I grabbed my bag and left the guest house. If this Christmas party wasn't going to be interesting before, It definetely was gunna be now."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts????

Vote/Comment!!