5. "I didn't mean to."

CRISTIANO

I know he's my father, but I really hate him sometimes. He just says the wrong things sometimes.

God, why did he have to say that? He made me mad yesterday. Worst, he made me mad in front of her. Not that her new little boyfriend 'Charlie' helped any.

Now she's probably mad. Or upset. Or worse crying. I really hope she isn't crying. But what am I saying? She's stronger than that. So she's probably is upset.

What's even more ässhole-ish of me, is that I'm leaving for 7 days, Tuesday to Tuesday, without even telling her.

And I can't even call her or receive her texts. Not even when we land. It's to dangerous. I can only listen to her voicemails, if she even cares enough to call. I wouldn't, after yesterday.

It's 6:00 AM. We always get up at the exact same time at 5:00 am. And she knows that I'm gone. She's an over thinker, so she's gonna think the worst of it.

I looked out the window at the clouds. Below, I could see it. My real home. The land of Italy.

"I still don't understand why you had to be mean to her like that." Zach said. I looked at him.

"I don't either." I straightened my tie.

HARLOW

This is Cristiano Santo Moretti Lombardi Romano's personal number. State your business after the beep, and I'll get back to if I can. Addio.

Beep.

"Cristiano, where the hell are you? We always wake up at the exact same time and you're gone. You didn't leave a note or anything. Just....call me back, okay? Bye." I hung up. That's my second message.

I went over to the penthouse communicators.

If you don't know what that is, it's a tech pad on the wall in each of the four penthouses, where you can press a button to a penthouse and alert that resident to come over.

I pressed the button for 40C, Zach's pent. No response. I pressed it three more times. I headed out and knocked on his door before opening it with my key.

"Zach? Zachariah De Luca!" I called. Nothing.

I opened every door inside his pent. No one. No note.

I couldn't call or ask Alexi, she was visiting her grandmother in Italy. I couldn't call or ask Eli or Lola, they  were also in Italy. They all said they said it was too dangerous to call when they're in Italy. If they pick up, someone could track it.

I went back into my pent.

I'm all alone. My best friend and roommate have both gone awol, my roommate's sister is in Italy and along with my cousin and his girlfriend.

I just want to know where Cristiano is. He got mad yesterday and now he's gone. Maybe he's mad at me. Or so annoyed at me that he moved somewhere else or decided that needed to get away from me. Maybe I drove him away.