29. "I'll wait for you, angel."

No specific quote this chapter!
HARLOW

"No fair, Cris, you're cheating." I whined in a raspy voice. I had just gotten out of surgery, and I was in a hospital room full of red roses, all from the Familia.

We were waiting for everyone to get here, they were handling this whole kidnapping aftermath. After Cristiano shot Francisco, we thought he was dead. But when they looked at where his body was, he was gone.

We were playing thumb wars, and Cristiano was cheating by moving his whole arm, instead of just his thumb. He laughed. "No I am not, baby girl. And since when do you call me Cris?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. It's just tiring to say your whole name. It's four whole syllables."

"Really? I thought you loved to say my name." He moved closer to my ear. "Especially scream it." He whispered huskily, sending shivers down my spine. His sexy accent didn't help either.

He moved away and started laughing. "Your cheeks are so red."

I took my extra pillow and buried my face in it. "Shut up."

"Aw, you're adorable." He cooed, removing the pillow and smothering my face with big kisses.

I giggled and weakly pushed him away. My laughs made me cough, which caused my wounded and stitched up stomach and chest to jerk. "Ow." I winced and his smile dropped.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" He grabbed my hand, resting the other carefully over my wound. The bullet missed my heart by two centimeters, I almost didn't make it through the surgery and it scared him shitless, I've had some time to heal but I still felt a little sore. Nobody but Cristiano was allowed in my room for a few days.

I regained my composure and smiled weakly. "Yes I'm fine, thank you. Don't stress about me." I assured him, closing my eyes and relaxing fully.

"I stress because I care." He mumbled, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I know you do." I squeezed his hand and opened my eyes, gazing into his. "I missed you."

He kissed my hand. "I missed you too, angel."

"Aye, cupcake! Your favorite man is here!" Zach chirped, walking in with everyone else.

I laughed, trying to sit up and hug him but couldn't because of a sharp pain from my bullet wound. "Ow." I hissed.

"Stop that, your gonna hurt yourself." He scolded, before smiling brightly and leaning down to hug me gently.

"Hey, Zach." I grinned. He pulled away and handed me a bouquet of poppies, my second favorite. "Everyone's getting you roses. I wanted to be different."

"Thank you they're beautiful."

I sat them on the table and smiled at the others. "Hi, people!"

They smiled back. "How are you feeling, sweetie?" Marcella asked.

"A little pained, but I'll survive."

"You can go home at the end of the week. I'm sorry but we have to go, this Petrov thing is just--" I cut off Dominic.

"It's fine, you're the big boss, do your thing."