37. The Attack

I just have to announce this-- Cristiano's birthday has already passed. He's 23 years old now. So has Zach's. Zach is 22 now. Harlow is still 19.

I pulled over in the woods and got out of the car in a slight panic. "Where..." I trailed off, trying to remember where it was, but I kept drawing blanks. Come on, my memory's almost eidetic. I gotta think fast.

I heard the car door close. "What's going on?"

"There's an attack on the estate. Russians. We'll go back in the morning--"

"No! We have to help." She argued, which I predicted would happen.

"Harlow, please don't be persistent and stubborn about this. They know what they're doing. Our job right now is to stay safe." I suddenly remembered where it was. "Follow me."

We walked further into the woods and eventually I saw that I was correct. "Protocol Five." I pointed at the small hideout cabin down the hill.

She looked at me with a strange look. "We're hiding out here? It looks brighter than New Years in Times Square."

"It's actually not visible because of the hill and large trees. Let's go inside." I opened the door and she went in, I after her.

"Hm. Pretty cozy." She commented. I showed her the bedrooms, there were three, and the bathrooms. Also the secret stash of weapons in case of emergencies, the small little kitchen, and the living room with the large fireplace that's the first thing you see when walking in.

I showed her our room. Our closet semi full of clothes that I bought. She said she'd take a shower and I took one in another bathroom.

I knocked on the door and there wasn't any answer. I walked in and she was still in the shower. It's been five minutes.

I went ahead and changed into clothes before heading into the living room. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

He's dead, right? I shot him three fucking times. He's supposed to be dead. And yet, he's back again playing harder than before. I vividly remember killing him.

**Flashback**

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled, reaching my breaking point. I shot him once in the shoulder, once in the stomach, and another one in the chest. He fell down lifeless.

**End of insanely short flashback**

But still, we couldn't find his body. It disappeared almost right in front of us.

But I shot him in the chest. That's incredibly fatal no matter what! How did he survive? And why can't he go for another girl?

I rubbed my temple to try to forget about it for now. My main focus is looking out for Harlow and making sure there's no danger ahead.

And to make everything more confusing, all of the sudden she's absolutely into having kids. I don't get it. Just a few days ago she said 'I'm only 19 we're not even married, etcetera'.

She scares the living crap out of me by running and leaping onto the couch while I'm still standing and pacing. "Aye!" She greeted happily. "Did I scare you?"